Flame x Squid

Requested by @nelliebear27 

Flame was bored. He had left Jade Mountain Academy, and was living with his mother, and he wasn't particularly happy about it. Yes, Flame loved his mother, but he and his mother weren't close. Flames mother had given him way, for the moon's sake! How was he supposed to live with the dragon that gave him away to the stupid NightWings? He didn't. He didn't forgive his mother, and that is why he was wandering around the town of Sanctuary. He was trying to stay away from his mother as long as he could. He did this most days, since he didn't have anything else to do.

He was wandering or day, and a SeaWing ran into him. They should have been watching where they were going! Flame was going to rip their face off! What he didn't expect, though, was for the dragon to be Squid, one of the dragonets Flame grew up with.

Squid jumped back in alarm. "Flame!" he yelped. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at Jasper Mountain Academy, or whatever that New school is."

"It's Jade Mountain." Flame corrected. "But I was kicked out." he grunted.

"Really?" Squid asked. Three moon's, he was so annoying. Couldn't he just shut up and stop asking questions for once? "How?" Squid asked.

"I tried killing one of the dragons there." Flame grunted, walking away. "I wasn't able to. I got caught, and he was healed." Why was Flame telling Squid all of this? Why would he care? Flame hates Squid. Maybe not as much as the other dragonets he grew up with, but he still hated him.

Flame walked away, and he turned his head away to see Squid staring at Flame as he walked away. He looked worried, like he actually cared about Flame. Why would anyone care about him? Flame shook his head, clearing his thoughts.

----------------

As Flame lay in nd that night, the only thing he could think about was Squid. Why would Squid care? Flame was a stupid, murderous, evil dragon with an ugly face and the worst childhood in the world. But as Flame pondered his thoughts, he could only come to one conclusion.

Maybe Flame didn't hate Squid as much as he thought he did.