Quality time or not?

Song » Be with you by RÜFÜS DU SOL

The next Friday Liv walked to the office of her mother at the campus of the college. Luckily the professor of her last class didn't feel like teaching anymore after an hour, so he decided to stop early and let the class go. It was an excellent opportunity to see her mother at her office instead of calling her.

Liv knocked on the door and waited until she got an answer to come in. She opened the door and saw her mother sitting behind her laptop. Amelia looked up from her screen and smiled when she saw her daughter.

"Olaf," her mother said.

Liv sat down on a stool in front of her desk. "Hi, mum," she said. Her eyes fell on the pictures on her mum's desk: photos of the family, and one of Liv's dad. It made her smile.

"We went from barely seeing each other at college to seeing each other quite often," Amelia smirked. "What can I do for you?"

"We finished early, and I figured you were still here, so why not?" Liv said. "Well, uhm, you know I would be at Lando's tonight." Her mum nodded. "And he asked me to stay over, so I will stay at his tonight."

Amelia nodded and removed her reading glasses from her nose. "That's okay, tell him I said hey."

"I will." Liv got up. "See you tomorrow." She placed her backpack on her back and buttoned her coat.

"Let us know when you stay longer. See you tomorrow, darling."

"Bye, mum!"

The almost wintery afternoon was cold. The sun was shining, and there was not a single cloud in the sky, it looked like a beautiful day; however, the air was freezing. The sun was kissing the skin on Liv's face, it was soft and barely noticeable. Luckily the heating was on in the bus, it made the trip to Lando a lot more comfortable. It only took Liv twenty minutes until she reached the bus stop near his house. She thanked the driver and stepped outside. The cold slammed again, her warm cheeks, cold. She quickly walked towards Lando his home and blinked away the tears in her eyes. When it was cold, it had an effect on her eyes and tears formed in her eyes for no reason.

"Hello!" Liv closed the door behind her and opened her coat. She removed her shoes from her feet and took off her coat. It kept silence. The lights were on, so Lando was home, right? Liv walked to the living room, there was not a single sign of Lando. She placed her backpack on the couch and heard someone talking. Of course, Liv thought, gaming.

Her hand was hoovering above the door, and she knocked a few times on it before opening the door.

"Yes," Lando said, but then realised he was home alone. He held in his breath and kept having an eye on the door. The door opened. His concerning look turned into a relieved, but happy smile. "Hey," he said, surprised. "I thought you wouldn't be finished until later." Lando removed the headset from his head.

"I got finished early," Liv smiled. "And I texted and called you, but now I know why I didn't get a response," she smirked.

He grabbed his phone and saw the messages of Liv. "Ow," he mumbled and pressed his lips into a thin line when he looked back at her. "I'm sorry."

She shook her head. "It's fine."

"Come here." Lando got up from his chair and opened his arms. Liv walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his torso. "I missed you," he whispered in her ear and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

They hadn't seen each other since the day they came back from Abu Dhabi. Lando had to finish some stuff at the factory, Liv had to go to school and work again. It was a busy week for both of them.

"I missed you too," she softly said. She pulled back and looked him in the eyes. Their lips met for a few seconds. Liv just started to realise his kisses were the best, and that she missed them. "I have to show you something later."

Lando curiously raised his eyebrows. "And that is?"

"A surprise." A cheeky smile spread over her lips.

"Alright," he smiled. "Can't wait. Can I finish this game? It won't take long, I promise. And then we will go to my parents."

"Sure, take your time. I will be in the living room," Liv nodded and smiled widely.

Lando gave her a kiss and let her go. "Thank you," he said. Liv walked away. Lando had a seat in his chair again and placed his headset back on his head. "What did I miss?" he asked his friends.

"Who was that?"

A gigantic smile grew on Lando his lips.

"She must be special, you just left the game out of nowhere." Laughers filled Lando's ears, it made him laugh as well.

"How do you know she is a she?"

"I can smell it."

And that, everyone, are my friends, Lando thought. "That was my girlfriend, I haven't seen her for a week," Lando told his friends proudly and continued the game.

"I just told you; girlfriend!"

Sasha snorted. "We have winners here. My goodness, it took you a while to find out," he laughed. Sasha was one of Lando's few friends who knew about Liv.

"Girlfriend, since when do you have a girlfriend? What's her name?"

"Her name is Liv, and we made it official last week," Lando proudly said and bit on the inside of his cheek, so he forced himself not to giggle or laugh.

"I know her! Technically, I don't know her in person, but I know who she is. She's the guest of McLaren Kym Illman talked about in his latest post on Instagram of the women in Abu Dhabi. Wait I will send the photo!"

Lando smirked. "You know she's my girl, right? I am supposed to send the photo, not you," he said and grabbed his phone. He was about to send them a photo of Liv, but his friends were faster and had sent the photo Kym took in Abu Dhabi. "Too late," he sighed.

"Man, she's beautiful. Friends, our child is getting a grownup now. Lando is in a relationship!"