A "wet" meet-up

Song » Stop It by Fisher

Liv let her eyes glance over the lake, there were a lot of water activities; boat trips, swimming, canoeing, water scooters and even more stuff. She wasn't sure what to expect. Lando was inside the centre, sorting out some stuff, while Liv was waiting outside. And if the water part isn't fun, at least she was with Lando. Since watching those video's of him on YouTube, she couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Alright," a deep voice said. "That's your girlfriend, right?"

Liv looked at the man who was standing next to Lando. She shared a questionable look with Lando, girlfriend? She decided to not answer that, Lando should be explaining that. Lando widened his eyes and tightened his jaw.

"Alright, love. Come on," the man said. He was past the fifty, slightly taller than Lando, a real sailor. "You have two hours," he continued. Liv followed the man behind Lando. "You must wear a life jacket, just in case of. If you are not wearing it, it's your own responsibility. Here are the routes." He gave a plastic map to Lando. "Don't eat or drink, only if you bring the garbage with you back. The rest speaks for itself."

This is a short, but powerful explanation, Liv thought. She nodded and got a life jacket she put on. Her eyes felt on the canoes. The man was walking towards it, so Liv assumed they were about to go canoeing. She had a look at Lando who was watching how the man was moving around. The sun was starting to burn into her skin, it didn't feel wrong, but she needed sun protection.

"Good luck and have fun," the man said when he laid down the peddles before walking back to the centre.

"Canoeing!" Liv cheered enthusiastically and clapped in her hands. Lando smiled, satisfied at her. "But, err...do you have sun protection?"

"Yes, absolutely." He grabbed his bag and searched for the bottle. "Thanks for reminding, otherwise I probably will look like a lobster after today." A snort left Liv's mouth. "I got a box for our phones, so when we collapse, they will stay dry." He gave her the bottle of sun protection and placed his phone in the white box. Liv gave her phone to him. "And don't forget whose phone belongs to who." He winked and put some sun protection on his face.

"We will look twice now, Lando," she smirked and put some sun protection on her face and arms as well. She looked at him. "You have...er..." Her finger pointed at his face.

"Oh," he mumbled and rubbed over his cheek to get the white stripe of the sun protection away. "Better?"

She smirked and shook her head. "No. Come here," she said and stepped closer to him. She brought up her hand to his cheek, and with a soft touch, she made sure it was blended into his skin. A sweet smile played on her face. "Perfect," she whispered and looked away because she could feel the warmth burn on her skin.

Lando smiled and looked away. He cleared his throat and places his sunglasses on his nose. The canoe wiggled around in the water when Lando stepped in it. He carefully sat down and took his time to find the right balance on the water.

Liv giggled and kept looking at Lando who was struggling to find the right balance. Just when he got it, one small move made it unbalanced again. His eyes found Liv's eyes, and he pulled out his arm towards her. "You sure?"

"Yes."

The short answer was giving her doubts, but maybe it will be fun. Liv grabbed his hand and gave him a warning look. "I swear Lando if we collapse because we are unstable or whatever the circumstance is, I will make sure you cannot drive this weekend."

A laugh rolled over his lips. "I will make sure nothing is going to happen, trust me." She stepped in the canoe, in front of him, and sat down. Her fingers were softly squeezed in his skin. The canoe rocked back and forth, but the balance was quickly found. "See, it's all fine."