The unfamiliar phone

Song » Sunday Afternoon by Alain Clark 

1
"Liv."

Liv got sucked out of her sleep, she wasn't feeling it today, so she kept quiet. The footsteps became louder. By the way, the person walked, she knew who it was.

"Liv, darling, wake up," her dad said and placed his hand on her back.

A groan left her mouth, and she pressed her face in her pillow. Her arm was pushed in her stomach because she was laying on it.

"You're already late for work. I have made you breakfast for underway. I will drive you in ten," dad said and walked to the curtains. He opened them.

Liv let out a deep breath of air and removed her arm from underneath her body. "Dad..." she hummed.

"Ten minutes!"

She pressed herself up and looked around in her bedroom. How come she was late? She was sure she put on the alarm yesterday. It was on her nightstand. She grabbed it and waited for it to light up. Instead of showing her the time and a photo of Italy, it stayed black. The charging icon showed up.

"Brilliant," she mumbled. 

I forgot to put it on the charger after I came home last night. 

She let herself fall again on the bed and closed her eyes. Going to Glastonbury and working the day after that, isn't the most significant thing on earth.

"Liv!"

She got up. "Yes!" She yelled. "I'm already up, easy," she mumbled and walked to the closet.

A yawn left her mouth when she ran her hand through her brown hair. She got a black jeans and a white shirt where she quickly changed into. Her eyes felt heavy, and her mind was still not working correctly. She got her shoes on and grabbed her bag in a hurry. Her phone wasn't necessary, it wasn't charged anyway.

She walked downstairs.

"Good morning, darling," dad smiled, who was standing in the hallway. "How did you sleep?"

"Probably not for long."

Dad smirked. "Let's go." He grabbed the keys of his car. "How was Glastonbury?"

Liv grabbed the cheese sandwich from her dad. "Thanks," she said. "It was fun, The Killers are amazing," Liv smiled and opened the car door. Her father started the car, and her eyes felt on the time. "It's only 9:40, I'm not late." Liv squeezed her eyebrows together and fastened her seatbelt.

"You would be late if I didn't wake you. And you'd absolutely be late if you had to take the bus. Be grateful," dad said and started the car to drive away.

Liv rolled her eyes and brushed her hair while taking a bite from the sandwich. She put her hair in a low bun and looked in the mirror: tired, but makeup wasn't necessary. "Yea, yea" she mumbled.

"Mum and I watched The Killers too. I remember when they got big," dad continues.

"Hmm-hmm," she hummed.

Her mind was back at the festival. Although she wasn't a big fan of festivals - being surrounded by a lot of people, she was glad Oliver begged her to go with him. The boy... The mysterious boy she kissed. She bit her lip and smiled. Thinking back at his lips on hers...he was a stranger, but it felt good.

After a ten minute drive, her dad stopped in front of the cafe. "Your mother will pick you up. Five o'clock, right?"

"Sì." Liv opened the door of the car. "Thanks, dad."