Secret talks

Song » One thing by One Direction

"Taron's family organised a dinner," Oliver began and looked around him.

The three friends decided to have lunch together before Oliver and Isabelle went on holiday. Liv arrived back in England yesterday, another reason to meet up: talk about her holiday. They were sitting in a local lunchroom, since 12 o'clock, meaning they were four hours in the lunchroom by now.

"And..." It took Oliver two seconds to burst out in laughter. "I'm sorry."

Liv looked at Isabelle, and they both squeezed their eyebrows together, what is going on?

"Peter, the nephew of Taron, he is a cheeky little bastard," Oliver continued and tried to keep it all together. "And we arrived at the restaurant, and Peter somehow took the lead in that restaurant, he's like eight or something. So the waiter asked Peter: 'would you like a table?' And that kid goes..." It was hard for him to keep his face muscles under control. Peals of laughter rolled over his lips.

"I don't think he's doing fine," Isabelle whispered.

Liv nodded, concerned. "Should I be worried?" She joked.

"That kid goes: 'no, not at all. I came here to eat on the floor. Carpet for ten, please.'" Oliver couldn't keep it together anymore, and his laugh filled the lunchroom.

Liv pressed her lips into a thin line to keep it all together, but Oliver's laugh was too contagiously to not to laugh. Isabelle looked down, hoping the people would stop looking at them. She covered her mouth with her hand and started to laugh as well.

"You should have seen the waiter's face. Precocious."

Liv wiped away the tears under her eyes. "Legend, what a legend." She sniffed and looked around in the area. Multiple people were looking in their direction to see what was happening. "My gosh."

"That kid owned the place for the whole evening," Oliver told and took a sip from his water.

"I completely understand," Isabelle smirked. "Jeez."

Liv glanced over the people waiting at the bar and caught a familiar smile. She looked back at the person and her mouth curved into a happy smile. It was Lando. When his eyes met Liv's eyes, his smile grew in an even brighter smile. He nodded sideways to the exit of the lunchroom. He told his older brother, Oliver, he needed to go to the bathroom and left.

Liv stood up. "I, erm, am going to the bathroom," she told Isabelle and Oliver. "And do not dare to eat one single piece from my cake, I swear to god," she threatened when she walked away.

Lando walked over to the water and waited for Liv. Hopefully, she caught the hint and followed him outside. And she did. Liv stepped outside and walked between the tables to the water. The sun was brighter than the beginner of the afternoon, it made Liv regret they were sitting inside of the lunchroom instead of outside in the sun.

"You look beautiful," Lando complimented Liv when they hugged each other.

Liv was wearing a light blue dress, more like a long shirt, but in a dress way. "Thanks," she said and pulled back. Her eyes were scanning his face, he looked rested and less stressful than their last FaceTime conversation last week. "You look good too."

A smile grew on his face. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm great, actually. Finally having time off," he told her.

She nodded. "This feels pretty secret," she chuckled and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Suspicious..."

A laugh rolled over his lips. "True." He looked at her. "I didn't mean to, though. I just figured this would be better."