The first meet-up

Song » Paradise by Coldplay

1
"Oh, darling, you look stunning. What are you going to do?" Liv's mother asked when she entered the hallway with her husband.

Liv had one last look on herself in the mirror. She had no idea how to impress Lando with her outfit, tried different sets, didn't see what to wear anymore and even considered to call him off. For the whole night she planned out outfits, and none of them made it to the final cut. She finally decided to play it safe: a soft green shirt, denim jeans and white sneakers. Her hair was curled in beachy waves, her lashes only had a touch of mascara, her lips had a soft pink colour and her skin was covered with a light bb cream. To finish the look, she wore a golden necklace and one pair of golden earrings to keep it simple.

"I'm catching up with some friends," Liv said, covering up her meet-up. It was not like she wanted it to hide, but she first had to figure it out by herself before spreading the world with false hopes.

Her dad nodded. "Have fun. Don't stay out too late," he winked.

"Are you in for dinner or not?" Her mother asked and put the car key on the cabinet.

"I don't know yet. I don't think so," Liv answered and got a text from Lando he arrived. "I have to go. See you later," she said and walked to the front door.

"Have fun!"

Liv gave both her parents a smile before she left her house. It took her three minutes to arrive at the gate, and in those three minutes, Liv made up different scenarios about this day. Positive ones, but a lot of negative ones. Stay positive, Liv. Her hands started to sweat, and her heart was beating faster. She was never really asked on a meet-up, she had no idea what to expect. Although Isabelle and Oliver told her a lot about their own dates, she couldn't make up how a date really was. Liv didn't ask for their opinions or help, she wanted to figure everything out by herself.

Her eyes felt on Lando, who was leaning against his car. He looked up from his phone when he was the doors of the gate moving. A smile came on his face when he saw Liv. He put his phone in his pocket.

"Hey," he said and scanned her body, once again she was looking beautiful. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," Liv blushed and bit on the inside of her lip.

Lando held open the door of the passenger side and let Liv step into the car. He closed the door after she saw down and walked to his own seat. Liv fasted her seatbelt and watched him doing the same.

"That is looking fancy," he noted at the gates.

"Trust me, it isn't that fancy. It only looks fancy because of that, be behind the gates there is just a normal size house," she convinced him.

The gates looked so extra and expensive, but it was more the land around the house what stole the show. It was an average house, well maybe slightly bigger, but certainly not unique.

He softly smirked and drove away. Liv had no idea where Lando was taking her to. The route he drove, wasn't familiar to her. Lando hummed quietly along with the songs on the radio while focusing on the road. Liv caught herself on staring at him while he was driving. She couldn't imagine he was a driver of a fast car, he calmly drove around in a regular car on a normal speed.

2
"What do you do for living?" Lando curiously asked and leant against the table.

After a twenty-minute drive, they ended up in a small town. It was an old place with an old centre and a lot of old boutiques and history. When walking around, they found an old jazz cafe, where they decided to have a drink.