5. Sakusa Gets Sprayed By Holy Water (ft. Itachiyama VB team)

Word Count: 1999
Fun fact: the vote button is the star!

Komori leads the way to class 4-B. (I was supposed to be placed in class 7 with the other academics, but due to my family situation, I was put into an average class to 'adjust')

Now that Sakusa's gone, I become acutely aware of how little I know about Komori. I mean, we sort of bonded over being locked outside of Sakusa's room together, and he gave me a rice ball, but I can't call that friendship. Not yet.

I'm given permission to claim the empty seat next to Komori. Once I sit down, I start up a conversation with him. "I feel like I know you pretty well already, but I don't think we've ever been properly introduced. Unless you count when Sakusa was cleaning his room like a madman and we happened to exchange names."

Komori positions himself sideways to face me directly, eyes bright. He looks like a brown sugar mochi. I want to eat him up.

"Well (l/n), I think we're going to get along. You've already stolen Sakusa's heart, after all." Komori says with a not so subtle wink. I immediately spit out some unintelligible bullshit.

"B- what? Noooo, he hates me- he hates everyone!" I exclaim. Komori laughs, reclining in his chair.

"He does, doesn't he?" I hear a hint of sadness in his joking tone.

"Komori... who hurt him?" I say lightly, but I mean it. I really am curious as to why the nation's best ace isn't taking advantage of his fame. Although Komori sinks lower in his seat, he doesn't seem surprised by my question.

"Well, I don't think he experienced a big coming of age moment or anything like that. He wasn't infected with cancer at an early age, if that's what you're wondering. People ask that all the time; it'd explain his personality and germaphobia. But Sakusa's always been sort of... wary." Komori sighs. "I try to be there for him, but it's hard to balance that and maintain other friendships, especially when my other friends talk badly about him. Not that their complaints aren't justified- Sakusa always shuts them down if they try to interact with him."

I nod along. "Yup, I definitely saw that side of him come out when we first met."

Komori shakes his head in disbelief. "That's what I don't understand, (l/n). How did you get him to accept you in a matter of hours? When you two first met, he was being typical Sakusa- blunt, kind of cocky, cold, the usual. I was pretty sure you guys would kill each other after a week or so. But then I find you two eating breakfast at me and Sakusa's super exclusive table! Sakusa won't let anyone stand near our table if they haven't washed their hands first."

"Sakusa and I had a good talk during our morning walk, so maybe that's why he let me sit with you guys." I hypothesize.

"A MORNING WALK?!" Komori yells, alerting the whole class. He doesn't seem to notice, and barrels on. "Did you guys make out during the unholy hours of 2 to 4 am? That explains why you two are acting like old chums! Did you use tongue? Did ya'll FU-"

"Komori, what hentai are you reading?!" I ask, appalled. "Sakusa offered to walk me to the dining hall cause he felt bad about being a complete jerk the night before." Komori's mouth forms a perfect o, and he taps his chin thoughtfully.

"Huh. I guess that makes sense... Sakusa's a jerk, but he's also capable of being polite. He won't help old ladies across the street or hold doors open for people cause it's 'dirty', but he'll honor basic human decency... right?" He doesn't sound too confident.

"Really?" I press.

Komori groans. "No. He's about as polite as my big toe. You must've made an impression on him, (l/n). 9 out of 10 times, Sakusa would've been out the door without so much as a goodbye."