Volume 1 Chapter 1: Ruby Rose

Začít od začátku

"S-Sorry."

"It's okay."

"But... there is someone here who would like to meet you."

A man with white hair came in holding a mug and a plate of cookies.

"Y/N L/N and Ruby Rose..." he then stared at Ruby intently. "You... have silver eyes."

"Um..."

"Creepy..." A man who knows all about us and the first thing he does is study a girl's eyes? I understand eye contact is important, but don't just say that to a girl.

"So. Where did you two learn to do this?"

Ruby: "S-Signal Academy."

"My father." I said confidently.

"They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?"

"Well, one teacher in particular." Ruby stated, as the man was talking about her weapon.

"I see..." He placed down the plate of cookies. I wasn't very hungry, so I just grabbed one a nibbled on it here and there.

Ruby, however, then began to stuff her face with the cookies.

"It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty old crow."

"Mmmm. Thash muh unkul!"

"Ruby, swallow the cookies." I looked at her sternly.

"S-Sorry... That's my uncle Qrow. He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now I'm all like-- Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa!" Her innocent silliness made me giggle again a little.

"So I've noticed. What about you, Y/N?"

"My Dad taught me, ever since I was little. I simply use my late brother's weapon."

"Interesting. And what are two adorable girls such as yourselves doing, training as warriors?"

Again, real creepy dude...

"I want to be a Huntress." We said in unison. Not my initial goal, but it will help later down the road.

"You want to slay monsters?"

"Yeah. I only have two more years of training left at Signal! And then I'm going to apply to Beacon!"

"I recently finished my training with my Dad, so I have to wait a year, then I'll apply to Beacon as well."

"Oh. You see, my sister's starting this year, and she's trying to become a Huntress, and I'm trying to become a Huntress 'cause I want to help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, 'Hey, I might as well make a career out of it!' I mean the police are alright, but Huntsman and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and really, gosh, you know!"

"... Do you know who I am?"

Of course I know you, you old creep.

"You're Professor Ozpin." I stated clearly, and purposefully hid my emotions.

"You're the headmaster at Beacon."

"Hello."

"Nice to meet you./A pleasure."

"You want to come to my school?"

"More than anything." Ruby said with glee.

"Daddy says that I should go to Beacon to train under you, Professor Ozpin."

"Hmmph." The woman huffed in disagreement.

"Well, okay."

[Later] Ruby's P.O.V.

"Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!" Yang was squeezing me a bit too tight.

"Please stop." I'm light headed.

"But I'm so proud of you!"

"Really, Sis, it was nothing."

"What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees!"

Uhg... "*sigh* I don't want to be the "bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

"What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

"Of course I'm excited... I just.. I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything."

"But you are special. Oh hey, there she is."

Y/N walked towards us with a smile on her face.

"Hi Ruby! Who's this?"

Why does my heart beat like this whenever I see her? "T-This is my big sister-"

"Hi, I'm Yang. Ruby's older sister!"

"It's nice to meet you Yang! I'm Y/N." The two of them shook hands, and it looked like Y/N was having a great time, though I couldn't help but feel... nervous? Why?

"I know, Ruby told us all about you the night she came home."

"Oh?"

"...The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, plead contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa." A nearby news broadcast was a bit loud.

"Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Right's protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted..." The screen shut off then showed a hologram of the Huntress from last night.

"Hello, and welcome to Beacon!"

"Who's that?" Yang asked.

"My name is Glynda Goodwitch."

"Oh." A rather quick answer too.

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

"Wow!" Y/N and I looked out the window, mesmerized by the beauty of the view.

"The view is so pretty up here." Y/N cheerfully said, her face in a beautiful smile.

"You're right. Look, you can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't to far after all."

"Beacon's our home, now." Yang said as a blonde haired boy, who doesn't seem to be enjoying the ride as some others, ran past us to throw up. "Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone."

"It was a nice moment while it lasted." Y/N stated, almost disappointed at the interruption.

"I wonder who we're going to meet?"

"I just hope they're better than "Vomit Boy"."

 "Ruby, that was mean." Y/N was stern about that.

"S-Sorry. It was the first thing that came to mind. Oh, Yang, gross, you have puke on your shoe!"

"Gross, gross, gross."

"Get away, get away, get away!" Y/N and I both stepped back, trying to get away from Yang's shoe.