64 3 1

Kara's P.O.V.

"Hey!" I yell at Winn. "Whatcha doin' over there?"

"Just studying some warding potions, I'm really bad at memorizing the ingredients for everything." He replies.

"Aw, can't you take a break from that? James and Kelly want to hang out with us! Come on." I whine.

"Kara, you could benefit from some studying too."

"Oh shush, my grades are fine. I'm passing." I mutter and cross my arms.

"Barely, you should aim for the top. Be the best you can. But, if you want to hang out with friends I won't stop you. I'm staying here though." Winn states, going back to being absorbed in his notes.

"Okay!" I excitedly say, getting over the bad mood quickly and heading out of the dorm room, toward the courtyard to meet up with James and Kelly.

I jog through the twisting corridors of Hogwarts, not paying attention. I turn the corner and abruptly stop as I bump into another student.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, are you alright?" I exclaim, picking up her dropped materials.

I take in her appearance. Long black hair flowing down to her chest, pale green eyes, and a frown on her face. Her Slytherin uniform was still pristine, almost no wrinkles to be found.

Standing up and brushing herself off, she scowls at me.

"Watch where you're going, I could've gotten hurt." I could see her fangs poking out as she speaks.

I'm taken back by the sudden softness of her words. Despite sounding angry and hateful, she spoke softly.

"Sorry about that, I'll look out next time. What's your name? I'm Kara!" I hold out my hand for her to shake.

"I best be going, I have to study. I'll skip the pleasantries. My name doesn't matter." With that, she walks off.

I think I've seen her around a few times. She might've been in my defense against the dark arts class, but I don't pay much attention to who's in that class. It's definitely my least favorite.

I shake my head at the encounter, it doesn't really matter anyway. I continue to skip throughout the hallway when I reach the courtyard.

"Hey, guys!" I yell at two of my good friends sitting at one of the stone courtyard tables.

They both give a small wave and beckon me over.

The guy was James. He was a super nice person and almost everyone's friend. He was the Quidditch Keeper for Gryffindor. You probably couldn't tell from his mannerisms or unnoticeable fangs, but he was a vampire.

The girl was Kelly, James' sister. She was only really nice to people she knew and trusted, besides that she could kind of be a jerk. Typical of a vampire I guess. Luckily I was one of the people she trusted though. What an honor.

"Finally your here Kara! We've been waiting for like, ten minutes, for you to show up. I'm guessing you couldn't convince Winn to come with you?" James says with a chuckle.

"Yeah, he's obsessed with studying. He wants his grades to be perfect and be the top of his class." I sigh. "Guess that's something everyone who goes here should want though, huh?" I finish speaking.

"Yeah, but at least we have fun and aren't holed up in the classroom and studying constantly!" Kelly says with a smile on her face.

We all laugh and agree, carrying out the usual questions of "How are classes?" Or "Witness any cool spells?"

"Oh yeah! On my way here, I bumped into this girl. She got kinda mad, but I was wondering if any of you knew who she was?" I ask.

"Well, what's she look like?" Kelly asks.

"Oh right, my bad. She had long black hair and was wearing a Slytherin robe. She was shorter than me too. I'm pretty sure she's in my defense against the dark arts class."

"Oh, that's probably Lena. She's totes the worst! She's super quiet all the time like she's planning something. I don't trust her." Kelly turns her head in disgust.

"You say that about anyone you get a 'bad vibe' from, Kelly, which is basically almost anyone you meet." James continues, "The real worry is her brother, Lex. He's tried multiple times to kill some teachers using dark arts magic." James reasons.

"Really? If Lex has really done all that wouldn't he have been expelled already?" I ask, confused.

"He should be expelled, but every time they try and convict him he had an alibi and he's found innocent. Even if there were witnesses they always find it inconclusive." James explains.

"Weird." Kelly and I say in unison. We look at each other and laugh.

A bell rings throughout the school signaling a class change. The three of us sigh as we gather our stuff and walk back inside.

"Wanna walk to class together? I propose.

"Obviously! We always do." Kelly laughs

"Well I gotta make sure, ya know!"

(A/N: This fanfic is for a friend, Abigail, so if you're reading this and think it's bad or not accurate to the characters personalities I'm very sorry because I haven't actually watched the show.)