All Is Fair in Love and War part 2

Start from the beginning

On one hand they were thankful that she brought them back Fafnir and was willing to help them get their own homes back... Then on the other they felt ashamed of themselves that they would have to ask someone so young to bloody their hands when they are leaving children older than her safely behind.

Before they could even formulate the words they wished to say to her the room was thrown into panic as a young female dragon ran in. Her clothes were bloody and torn as she gasped for breath. "Your highness! Our people are being attacked! It's the experiments... They found us."

"So it has begun, Sora must have found out about Fafnir's return and decided to be the first to attack. Finian, find Myra and have her stay with you and the Queen. Fergus, I need to wake Alnwick if he is not already and meet up with Fafnir. It seems that we do not have time to train anyone." Turning on her heel, Morgianna did not wait to see the reaction of the people left in the room. Princes or not she had no time for questions, each moment they wasted was the chance for more casualties.

...

Finding Alnwick proved easier than she thought as the man in question was also searching for her. Fafnir and Myra were close on his heel as they navigated the winding tunnels. "We have to attack now. Myra and Alnwick will you stay with the Queen and the children while Fafnir and I head to the castle?" She saw a look pass between Fafnir and Myra but the woman in question only nodded her agreement.

Alnwick had a serious look on his face as he too nodded. "I have few recollections of what is going on so it is probably best for me to stay here. I will have Myra fill me in. Be safe, both of you." His red hair swished as he turned his head so he could look at Fafnir and Morgianna in turn.

Giving Alnwick what she hoped was a reassuring smile. Morgianna was proud of her group and how quickly they adapted to the changes. At the end of this they all deserved a vacation.

Turning her full attention to Fafnir she saw his eyes dart to Myra and back to her until he too nodded. With all of them in agreement it was time to go.

....

The treck out of the mountain took longer than Morgianna would have hoped, but the moment they cleared the exit she wasted no time lifting herself and Fafnir into the sky with her magic. She knew he could fly himself but this would save them the time that they did not have to waste.

Flying straight towards the glistening white walls Morgianna saw what looked like thousands of corpses shuffling across the ground. It was as if a never-ending line of bodies were being sent straight to the location they were previously at.

Pushing herself a little harder it took them only minutes to arrive at their destination. Upon their arrival they saw nobody, not even one corpse stood between them and the front doors.

Fafnir was the first to move forward, placing his hand on the heavy looking doors in front of him. He looked to his left where Morgianna stood, took a deep breath, and pushed sending the doors flying inwards with more force than was needed.

Their plan to sneak was pointless the moment they were attacked first. Their enemy already knew they were coming and there was no point in being polite about it.

Fafnir lead the way to the throne room, the place they were sure she would be waiting. There was a chill throughout the castle as if it were already the peak of winter, yet there were no torches lit and every fireplace was without even the smallest log.

Walking down the wide hallway Morgianna could hear a soft melody being played up ahead through a cracked door. It sounded ominous as if it were their own personal death march.

Just before they reached the door the music stopped and everything was blanketed by silence. Morgianna and Fafnir shared a look before they pushed open the door tensed for what awaited on the other side.

(Imagine the flowers but wilted)

To the right of the throne sat a piano and in front of it clothed in a long black dress sat Sora. Her blonde hair falling gracefully to the floor behind her as she caressed each key gently without a sound.

Sora did not even turn her head at their entrance, as if they were of no importance. Around her feet, littered across the expanse between them were thousands of flowers, each wilted and decaying making the room smell like a funeral.

"I knew you would come. I wanted you to come... So I could kill you." Her voice was too sweet to belong to someone so vile yet it sounded like music to their ears. She turned her head slightly allowing them to see one of her blue eyes. It was dull, no emotion seen within.

________________
Word count:1604

They finally come face to face with Sora, and you may be wondering where Faust is... To which I will answer in the next chapter!

Muahahaha

Anyway I have officially reached 100k words! Woohoo

Don't forget to like, comment and share if you are enjoying the story  <3