seventeen (final)

🥺

i frantically threw clothes onto my bed trying to pick something to wear. "dylan i cant do this," i laid down on my bed. she rolled her eyes and stood up.

"yes you can," she grabbed a blue dress that had little white flowers on it. "you are just overthinking it."

she threw the dress to me, "here, where that."

i picked it up and examined it before slipping it on. i put on my air force ones and curled my hair. i put on a little makeup because i didn't need to cake my face.

jaden asked me out on a date and we were going to a restaurant by the beach. i was hoping that, even though this was our first date, he would finally make things official between us.

i heard my phone buzz and i quickly picked it up seeing the message from jaden.

jaden babes
i'm down the street. i'll be there soon

future girlfriend
i'll be waiting ;)

i grabbed everything i needed and hugged dylan, "i'll facetime you tonight and let you know what happened!"

"you better."

i heard a honk outside and i smiled, getting excited, "love you dyl!"

i walked out the door and towards jadens car. he quickly got out and opened the door for me. "thank you jaden," i smiled cheekily at him.

he nodded and shut the door running back to his side. "you get the aux cord," he handed me the cord and i gasped. he usually never let me pick the music.

i grabbed it before he could change his mind and started playing one of my many playlists. black barbie by nicki started playing and i turned the volume up as loud as possible.

jaden laughed as i sang every word by heart. "i'm a fucking black barbie pretty face perfect body." i danced along with the song and laughed with jaden.

once we got to the restaurant jaden parked and, yet again, ran around to my side to open my door for me.

"you don't have to do that ja-"

"yes i do sky," jaden interrupted me smiling. i linked my arm with his as he lead me in.

"reservation for hossler," jaden said to the man in the front.

he nodded as he tapped around on the ipad screen in front of him. i looked around at the beautiful landscaping of the place. jaden really knew how to win a girls heart.

"right this way mr. and mrs. hossler."

i looked at jaden who was smiling wide and big, knowing what he did. "you fucking idiot."

"hey," jaden started. "you gotta admit, it's gotta nice ring to it. skylar hossler."

i rolled my eyes as we followed the waiter seat us at our table. the view from where we were at was beautiful. we could see the ocean go on for miles and miles and the beach was right below us. jaden and i sat down across from each other.

"would you two like to start off with something to drink?" the waiter asked us.

"i'll have a water please," jaden said.

i rolled my eyes at his boring choice, even though on other days i would've done the same but something in me felt like i should pick something fun, "i'll have a cherry soda!"

the waiter nodded and walked away. "water? really?"

"what!" jaden laughed.

the rest of our dinner was amazing. we ordered our food and it was so freaking good. then we got some desert which was so mf good. afterwards we walked along the beach and watched the sunset.

"it's so beautiful," i stared at the orange and purple hues in the sky.

"you're so beautiful," jaden slyly said.

i looked over at him blushing, "shut up."

he laughed, "i'm being serious sky! you're gorgeous."

he started getting more serious and i looked at him quickly, "jaden..."

"sky, from the day that i met you," he paused. "i knew you were the one. even if you didn't know it, or even if you didn't feel the same. you were the one for me."

"you're always on my mind and you're what i think about before a go to sleep and you're what i think about when i wake up. shit, skylar. you're the reason i even get excited for the next day. because i know when i wake up i can call you and you'll answer even if you were sleeping."

as he continued on i felt my eyes and nose start to sting. my vision became blurry, but i let the tear fall down my cheek. "jaden i-"

"no skylar. it's okay if you don't feel that same way with me. i just wanted to tell you because i've been keeping it in for so long. sometimes i wonder with all the times we've kissed that maybe it didn't mean much to you. or maybe you're just confused and kissing me will make you know what you want but skylar i love you. i would risk everything just to be yours. i want one of those cute little pinterest relationships if that's what you want."

i shook my head smiling, "for you jaden, i would risk my life to be with you."

i grabbed his face and pulled him close. i stopped inches away from his face. i could feel his heavy breathing hit my face. "i love you."

we closed the gap between us and it felt like everything was complete. everything went in slow motion again.

we pulled away from each other and jaden smiled, "skylar."

i nodded.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

i laughed, "of course jaden."

after that we walked hand and hand down the beach. while we were walking i remembered what jaden said to me at the airport. i don't know why out of all things i could remember it was that.

flashback

"i think that's everything i need."

"except for me."

i giggled and hugged him tightly, "except for you."

after a few minutes i let go and looked up at him seeing that he was crying. "awwww jadennn."

he tried hiding it from me getting embarrassed. i made him look at me and i wiped his tears, "hey, it's gonna be okay. i'll be back soon. or you can come to kentucky and see me and ant."

he nodded smiling, "and i'll get to meet dylan and your family and make them like me and then we'll get married."

now

i smiled and looked at jaden realizing everything was perfect. maybe saying that we were just friends was to hide the fact that i was completely whipped. it doesn't matter now though, because whatever i believed, is history.

or so i thought.

you've reached the end of this book!

LYDIA SPEAKS!
IM CRYING. i'm gonna miss
this book so much! thank
you guys for all of the endless support. yes, there will
be a second book and
yes, the second book
will be based in the
summer ;). i really really
hope y'all enjoyed this book.

i love you.