fourteen

thank u for 33k i love u guys 🥺
december 31
——————

i woke up stretching realizing what day it was. it was new year's eve which meant this is the last day of the decade. i sighed sitting up and grabbing my phone to send streaks. i got out of bed and went to change into jeans and a hoodie because i didn't feel like wearing anything crazy since i was just hanging out with friends. as i was in the middle of doing my makeup i heard my phone buzz. i checked and saw a message from jaden.

jaden 🥺:
goodmorning beautiful. happy new year's eve

me:
goodmorning cutie. i miss u

jaden 🥺:
i miss u more
igtg i'll text u tonight :)

me:
okay be safe!

i day my phone down. that was weird. why won't he text me all day? maybe he's actually going to be busy and be with friends and family. i shouldn't overthink something like that.

i finished my makeup and headed downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen making breakfast. "goodmorning mama," i said smiling.

"goodmorning sweetie."

"whatcha making?" i asked plopping down on the bar stool.

"pancakes," she sang happily. i smiles and took a bite out of a strip of bacon.

"is dylan coming over tonight?" she questioned putting the last pancake on the stack and moving the plate over to where i was sitting.

i nodded and put butter on the pancakes, "yeah, she'll be here in like two hours."

i drizzled syrup all over the pancakes and took a bite.

"okay well i'll be going to the store soon. is there anything you guys need?"

i nodded, "some chips and candy and drinks. snacky stuff. also can we get pizza tonight?"

my mom nodded and grabbed her things. "i'll be back sweetie."

she walked out of the door and i sighed lowly grabbing my phone telling dylan to come over. after about 20 minutes dylan showed up. we hung out for a bit and talked.

"so you and jaden?" she said wiggling her eyebrows jokingly. we both laughed and i shook my head, "there's nothing going on between us if that's what you're wondering."

she rolled her eyes, "there is definitely something going between you guys, you just don't want to admit to it."

"okay," i sighed. "i like him."

dylan jumped around and squealed, "i knew it!!"

"and we may have kissed in the airport."

she stopped immediately and looked at me dead in the eye, "you what?!"

i shrugged and looked down, "yeah but i don't think it meant anything to him."

"then why would he kiss you?"

i shrugged and sighed, "i don't know. i guess i'm just trying to not get myself so excited over him and get my hopes up and then he falls for mads."

dylan gagged herself playfully causing the both of us to laugh. for the rest of the day we danced, ate, sang, talked, did whatever.

while we were watching the all the people perform before the ball dropped we sung along to the many songs we knew and awkwardly danced to the ones we didn't know.

"get ready girls!" my mom yelled pulling us all together right before we started counting.

"5....4......3......2.......1!" we all yelled and jumped and cheered. i hugged my mom and dylan. i was so happy everything seemed like it was going in slow motion.

after a few minutes i went into the kitchen and grabbed a sprite from the fridge. when i turned around i was faced with the one and only.

jaden hossler.

"jaden?" i asked shocked.

he laughed and pulled me closer, "did you really think i wasn't gonna let you get that new years kiss?"

at that moment our lips connected and he pulled me close. i was shocked but kissed him back and held him tight.

remember how i said everything felt like it was going in slow motion earlier? yeah. well, it's happening again.