thirteen

real life

december 27
————————-

i shoved my stuff into my suitcase so i would be able to close it without ripping the zipper. today was the day i had to go back home. i was so sad because jaden and i had gotten really close and i loved being around him. "are you ready?" he asked standing in the doorway.

i sighed and stood up, "yeah.... i think that's everything i need."

"except for me."

i giggled and hugged him tightly, "except for you."

after a few minutes i let go and looked up at him seeing that he was crying. "awwww jadennn."

he tried hiding it from me getting embarrassed. i made him look at me and i wipes his tears, "hey, it's gonna be okay. i'll be back soon. or you can come to kentucky and see me and ant."

he nodded smiling, "and i'll get to meet dylan and your family and make them like me and then we'll get married."

i pushed him playfully, "shut the fuck up hossler."

we laughed and i grabbed my suitcase and everything else, walking over to jaden. "let's go."

we drove to the airport and jaden walked me in to security. i sighed and turned around to face him. i was trying to stay strong and i knew he was too.

"so i guess i'll see you soon," i awkwardly said not knowing what to say.

he nodded and smiled, "yeah."

i held my breath for a second and tried holding myself back from hugging him. after a few seconds i gave in squeezing him tight. i felt his arms wrap around me and his head rest on mine.

"i love you so much hossler."

"i love you too sky."

i let go and quickly wiped the tear that started falling down my cheek before jaden could see. i grabbed my things and started walking towards security.

i didn't want to leave. i didn't want to leave like this. i didn't want to leave wondering if i like jaden. wondering if he even liked me back. at that moment i stopped and realized what i had to do.

jadens pov

i watched as she started walking away. i felt my eyes start tearing up and i quickly blinked it away and sighed. i turned around and started walking away. i wish i was able to tell her how i felt. how much i care about her and how much she means to me. but i knew she didn't feel the same and i didn't wanna ruin what we had.

at that moment her words played through my head. over and over again. loud and clear. "sometimes you just have to let them know because if you don't you'll never know how they feel about you and they'll never know how you feel about them."

i quickly turned around seeing skylar do the same. she started running up to me and i walked towards her. "look skylar i just wanted to-"

"shut up," she said cutting me off and connecting our lips. i was shocked at first but finally gave in pulling her closer. she pulled back after a few seconds and smiled. "i have to go. i'll call you when i land," she said running back over to security.

i smiled and turned around. once i was far enough away to where she couldn't see me i jumped up in the air excitedly. i liked skylar and she likes me back.

i think.

hey guys! here's this somewhat short chapter but also really cute chapter. i hope you guys enjoyed. also back to my last chapter, i have NO HATE for mads!!! i love her so much and i love her and jaden together! i just needed some spice to the plot bc it'll be kinda boring without drama like that. but i have big plans. :)