M O T H E R S D A Y

@siriusly

@siriusly.pads happy mother's day everyone. i usually wouldn't post something for mother's day because my birth mother would prefer to forget i exist, but i really have to appreciate someone. Euphemina Potter is not my biological mom, but she is the best mom i could have ever asked for. She did not raise me, but she made me who i am. When i came home with James for the first time, she welcomed me with open arms. She still does every time i walk through the door. Mrs. Potter took a scared little abused boy, and made him her son. I cannot even write all of the things she has done for me. She has made me believe in family, believe in myself, and believe that i can be accepted. She was the first person i ever came out to, and she hugged me for what felt like years, whispering how proud of me she was and how brave i was as she stroked my hair. when i first got feelings for and eventually began dating Remus, she was always there, cheering me on and offering moral support. She is a real mother to me. i still have to do chores, and she will scold me if i break lightbulbs (which happens more often than i would care to admit). but she will always make sure i know i am still loved, even when i've done something wrong. my birth mother would scold me, and never bother to tell me she loves me. when i was burnt off the tapestry, and officially disowned, i gave up on the idea of having a family, i gave up on myself, and i gave up my hopes of having a mother and father who loved me. Euphemina and Fleamont Potter have helped me believe in that stuff again. whether i'm painting with mom, or eating cherry lollipops with dad, i have a family. Thank you James for making me your brother, Thank you Euphemina for making me your son. I love you so much, happy mother's day.
tagged: @prongster

@logicalily 1. siri that was so sweet bub! 2. how much did you cry writing that?
@lupin.lupout @logicalily whole lot. also thanks for the shoutout, my sweet sappy boyfriend
@marlsmac 🥺🥺🥺
@dorkalicious this is so sweet i have a cavity.
@andy.galaxy i'm really glad you found a real family, si. we both know ours was never real.
@rab i'm glad you found somewhere where you feel safe.
@prongster i read this to mom and she is bawling. we both love you so much Siri. dad is just waiting for his turn.
@siriusly.pads @prongster he will get a good caption on father's day. don't worry
@trixy traitor
@itz.cissy @trixy you're telling me
@luscious imagine leaving the ancient and most noble house of black for some old parents whose claim to fame is hair potion.
@siriusly.pads @luscious i did imagine that. every single day for 4 years. Also. those "old parents" are the best people in the world. you just wouldn't know what it's like to actually have parents that like you, i guess.

@dorkalicious pic creds to my dad when i was 1 month old

mom, you are the most amazing, nurturing, caring and sweet person i have ever known. i miss you every single day, with every single breath. you raised me to be the strong woman i am today. i know that if you were still here, you would be proud of me. i've graduated, met the most amazing people, found the love of my life, and even got engaged for gods sake. i know that you will always be with me, even if you aren't physically here. i know that you are smiling down at me, watching your little girl grow up. i know that you are watching over me and marlene, and you will be on our wedding day. you are the best mother in the world, and i miss you more than anything.

@marlsmac aaaaaand there goes my mascara. dorky, your mother will always be proud of you. you are the most wonderful person ever, she would be crazy to not be glowing with pride 24/7. i really do with i could've gotten to meet her
@petetail your mom will always be watching over you
@i'm.so.vancy this just really made me tar up there should be a trigger warning.
DM CONVERSATION BETWEEN LILY AND JAMES

JAMES
you ready to tell them?

LILY
ready as i'll ever be

@prongster happy mother's daytagged: @logicalily

tagged: @logicalily

@dorkalicious james is on drugs and Lily is wasted, i'll bet.
@siriusly.pads wtf dude what does this mean
@andy.galaxy Lily isn't a mom tho, she has no kids
@logicalily @andy.galaxy how do you know??
@marlsmac @logicalily tell me this is what i think it is

galaxy how do you know??@marlsmac @logicalily tell me this is what i think it is

@logicalily the wedding might be postponed. baby potter, on their way.
tagged: @prongster

@lupin.lupout SHUT THE FUCK UP
@marlsmac say sike right now
@dorkalicious NO FUCKING WAY
@sirusly.pads SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY
@i'm.so.vancy you GUYSSSSS
@siriusly.pads james is a man of many skills and talents, but apparently pulling out is not one.
@quitefrankly YOUVE KEPT A SECRET FROM US FOR 4 MONTHS LILY AND JAMES WHY
@logicalily @siriusly.pads the best comment i ever have and ever will receive. @quitefrankly this was the hardest secret i have EVER had to keep. but we needed to wait to announce it until we knew that the baby was safe and healthy.

a/n
surprise!! were you expecting this?? i really wanted to get this out on actual mother's day, but i'm about an hour late where i live. it's better than my halloween chapter mid november though. anyway, happy mother's day to all of the badass moms, hug your mom and tell her you love her (if you have one.) sorry if there are any typos.
~ brynlee