Chapter 7: "Going Home and Parting Ways"

"Lady Miya and Lady Miaka were trapped inside a mirror by Taiitsukun, the controller of this world. Tamahome and Hotohori were threatened by Lady Miaka's evil impostor, and in order to save them, the Lady Miaka decided to take her own life. In return, deeply concerned that she might die, Hotohori and Tamahome both spilled their own blood, with the help of four pretty girls, whom Lady Miaka swore secrecy of their existence. And then, finally, before them..."

"In honor of the great loyalty between you and these first three of your warriors, I shall tell you how to return to your own world."

"...Taiitsukun appeared."

●●●

'I didn't expect Taiitsukun to be this old!' Miaka thought, staring in wonder at Taiitsukun, who kept a stern expression. Miaka suddenly had the urge to make a joke, after staring for a while. "It's King Tut's grandmummy!"

"Do you want me to reopen your wound? Who do you think you're calling King Tut's grandmummy?!" Taiitsukun snapped at her in irritation. Here comes anotherーafter the Nyan-Nyan'sーwho criticizes her appearance!

Nuriko was the first among the warriors to speak. "U-uh, hi there!" He greeted awkwardly. "Yeah what is it?" Taiitsukun questioned in haste, leaving no room for idling. "Are you... Taiitsukun?" Nuriko asked, for confirmation. Taiitsukun is also quick to respond. "Yes, I am."

"Uh, really?" Nuriko, like Miaka, also didn't expect Taiitsukun to be like this, so he was quite taken aback. "I am. I am indeed the controller of this universe," Taiitsukun said, now with firmness in her tone, confirming Nuriko'sーonce againーunbelieving thoughts. Seeing as someone's back is turned on her, she beckoned to him. "Hmm? Hotohori? What are you doing?"

"I can't stand the sight of anything that is so ugly," Hotohori replied honestly, with furrowed eyebrows, only to be hit on the head using a hammer by Taiitsukun. The rest sweatdropped, unable to say a single word. Taiitsukun, ignoring the previous ordeal, spoke. "It's clear to see that you're all still terribly wounded. I wanted to test you, just to see how willing you were to help one another."

"A test? You mean that other person that counterfeit me?" Miaka inquired in realization. 'So it's Taiitsukun's doing!'

"Yes of course. That was my doing," Taiitsukun confirmed Miaka's thoughts. Feeling the pain coming back to her, she clutched her uniform where her injury is at, uttering a cry, which alerted her warriors. "Miaka?" Tamahome's worrying came again. "Stay still, or you might start hemorrhaging again," Nuriko warned her softly and also in worry. Hotohori couldn't wait any longer. "We have to do something!"

Taiitsukun stared at them with the same stern expression. "Her devotion surprised me. I suppose we have no choice, let's go to my palace and there we'll discuss this," and with her force, a rug rose up beneath the priestess and her celestial warriors, sending them flying to Mt. Taikyoku, with Taiitsukun as their lead.

●●●

"Taiitsukun guided the priestess of Suzaku and the others to the Magnificent Palace atop Mount Taikyoku."

'Miaka...' Yui thought about her friend. 'So that means one of the legendary girls in this story, the long-awaited priestess of Suzaku... is Miaka!' She exclaimed in realization. Of course, she already knew it because of the event that happened earlier. 'What about the other one? Is it Miya?'

'Huh...?' Yui's attention shifted to a certain Chinese character. A blush quickly formed on her face, remembering who it belonged to. "The boy marked with the ogre symbol on his forehead... Tamahome. I know that's what he calls himself."