Chapter 6

It was now morning and Lev was dressed in his jersey and wearing nothing but his socks. He was watching his window waiting for a certain someone to come to his rescue.

His phone rang and he looked at the name of the caller and smiled.

"Get ready Lyovochka we're a few streets away." The caller said.

"Thanks Yura! I'm glad you could help me out." Lev said.

"Your lucky Otabek just happened to be around the place so we could hitch a ride." Yurio sighed.

"Do you have the laces?" Lev asked.

"Yeah now get down here you lamp post, we're here."

Lev looked out the window and saw the two and started making his way down through the window.

"Fucking hell Lev, what in the world are you doing climbing down the window? Did you hit your head and forgot you could use the door?" Yurio whispered as loudly as he could.

"Yuri I'm pretty sure he has a good reason, calm down.... I atleast hope he does." Otabek reasoned as he tried to calm down Yurio.

"Well you see I sorta good locked in my own room." Lev explained but lost his grip in the process and fell down.

"That old hag did that? What are you? Fucking Repunzel!?" Yurio exclaimed as Otabek helped Lev up.

"Well she really took extra mile to make sure I don't escape." Lev chuckled.

"You weren't kidding when you said he was tall." Otabek mumbled.

"I'm Lev, your Otabek right? That's for helping me out." Lev said.

"No problem, hop on and we'll be there in no time." Otabek said as he got on the bike.

"NO YOU ARE NOT GET BACK IN HERE!" They suddenly heard a furious voice and saw Lev's mother standing infront of the door.

"Fuck, you made too much noise." Yurio whispered to Lev.

"I'm not, I'm leaving." Lev said as he stood his ground glaring at his mother.

"You do realize I can file a case against your uncles right?" She replied as she smirked.

"Now hold on there you hag. We obviously aren't the two morons you are talking about. They aren't even apart of this, me and Otobek are taking him, not Viktor and Yuuri." Yurio explained as he glared at the woman.

"You ungrateful brat. Your father devoted his life to ice skating and spent all those precious years teaching you so you could continue on for him! And you now you're making his whole life pointless! You were born to continue his legacy- STOP!" Lev shouted cutting her off.

"You just don't get it. I don't want to figure skate! I don't want to continue on his legacy. I don't want to just be known for that.I don't want my whole life planned out for me. I don't like how I'm born just to replace him!" Lev explained.

"HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? HE DID EVERYTHING JUST FOR YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR SKATING DREAMS! AND TO THINK HE EVEN THOUGHT OF SACRIFICING HIMSELF
TO SAVE YOU JUST SO YOU CAN STILL SKATE... YOU OWE HIM YOUR WHOLE DAMN LIFE!"

"IM NOT DAD! Those aren't my dreams, they're yours. I never wanted to professionally skate. Stop making it look like my whole life purpose is just figure skating! Let it go already, you don't even have the right to tell me what to do when you've done nothing to even make me see you as my mom!"

His mother was was in rage as she marched towards Lev and lifted her arm about to hit him.

"And I hate figure skating!" Lev shouted as he looked her in the eye making her stop as she looked in shock.

"I hate it. I ran away from it and I did everything to avoid and forget about it. And it's all your fault. Skating was the only thing I have left of dad and you took it away and ruined it. The ice rink means nothing to me, I'm a total stranger in figure skating. It's nothing but a sad reminder of how it ruined my life."

"The court is everything to me. And if you can't accept that then forget about me being your son. If you can't see me as Haiba Lev the volleyball player then I don't know why you're wasting your time trying to get custody over me when you don't know your own son. I only recently started not hating figure skating, and it's all thanks to my teammates but I'll never go back to skating." Lev finished as he walked to the bike and got on.

"I know you know where my game is. If you come and watch, maybe you'll at least understand why I love the court so much... and maybe I can at least make an effort to try and start over with you. But if you don't then I guess this is where our relationship as mother and son ends." Lev said as they drove away from the house as his mother was still frozen from shock.

————————————————-

Three of them finally arrived at the venue and Lev was jumped down from the bike.

"Do you have the shoe laces?" Lev asked.

"Yeah, here." Yurio said as he handed him a pair of laces.

"We'll watch in a bit, me and Otabek are going to check the place out." Yurio said as they parted ways.

———————————
"Yo Lev! You're actually here." Kuroo called out as Lev approached the team.

"What did you do to get away?" Yamamoto asked.

"Oh I jumped out the window since my mom broke the doorknob to lock me in and hitched a ride on my friend's motorcycle." Lev explained.

"SHE DID WHAT?"

"IS THAT LEGAL—-"

"Y'all should we call the police or-"

"Okay okay, we can deal with this later. Lev is here and he's fine. Nothing bad happened to him, right?" Yaku said as Lev nodded in response.

————————————-
Nekoma was now in the middle of their match and Yaku was just subbed out due to his injury.

And Lev looked up at the audience and saw Yurio and Otabek.

He scanned the audience in search for his mother but to only to find no one.

He didn't know why he even expected his mother to come but he just thought that maybe she would change her mind and might just try to make an effort to understand him but he was wrong.

He resumed playing and was able to make a phenomenal connection with Shibayama who was still in shock on how he cleanly received the ball.

Lev was getting better and more motivated after understanding the concept of how every play is connected.

'You're definitely missing out mom' Lev thought as he wore a sad smile.

The game was soon over and Lev met up with Yurio and Otabek who was at the audience.

"You looked like you were definitely having fun." Yurio said as he smirked.

"Congrats on winning, we would love to stay and watch but we still have training to do." Otabek said.

"Oh sure! Thanks for everything." Lev said as he smiled at the two.

"Oh yeah, Viktor Called and it turns out your mom didn't go through with her plan to get custody of you and she's planning to move to Russia." Yurio said.

Lev's eyes widden at what he said. He was happy and sad but mostly happy since he gets to stay but sad how she just gave up on him just like that.

"Anyways we'll get going see ya lamp post, goodluck." Yurio said as he waved goodbye as Lev waves back.

Lev made his way back to the team wearing a blank face.

'So this is your answer huh? Well then, I guess this is goodbye.'

———————————————

Hey y'all! I hope you liked the story and I'll defiantly be publishing more soon! Tysm for reading!💕🙏🏻