Chapter 5

"I can't believe you would do this to me!"

"To think that Viktor would actually raise you right, hah! I was a fool, you obviously got too rebellious, learning to run away and ditch your own mother!"

"I knew these people weren't good influences on you. Volleyball isn't going to help much either."

"The sport is full of uncivilized people who—Cut it out!" Lev's mother was ranting and lecturing him, pacing back and forth in the living room. Lev who had enough slammed his hands on the table as he cut of his mother.

"I don't get what's so bad about volleyball. You won't even let me do both sports at the same time!" Lev yelled.

"It is a waste of time! How many times do I have to tell you that. I know you aren't the brightest but Lev you should know how much money I spent on your figure skating."

Lev didn't pay any attention to the insult his mother told him. He was just too mad to even comprehend the situation.

"You don't know that! I'm actually going somewhere with volleyball." Lev tried to convince his mother.

"Enough, we are not having this conversation. The sooner I get the papers settled and the trial started, the better. I can file Alisa's papers another time since she's technically an adult it will be harder and she's in college. You can say goodbye to your pathetic sport once I win custody over you." She replied obviously not leaving rooms for complains.

"You can't do that!" Lev yelled getting frustrated as he argued with her more.

"Oh yes I can, once you are in my custody,we are moving to Russia and start working on your figure skating career there." His mother replied.

"What!? I don't even speak Russian! I already started highschool!" Lev said each word frantically leaving his mouth.

"That's not my problem." She replied as she walked away .

'I'm your son! Of course it is' Lev though still looking at his mom with disbelief.

Lev went to his room and locked the door as his tears started to fill his eyes out of sadness and frustration, the 2 emotions he only ever felt ever since his mom came.

He was screwed. He has a game tomorrow and he's 100% sure his mother wouldn't let him go. He didn't know what to do and was internally panicking little by little.

After what seemed like forever he picked up his phone and video called his teammates.

"Are you okay?" Kuroo asked

"I'm escaping tomorrow please help me." Lev said seriously.

The others were shocked but they half expected that Lev would do that.

"That'll be difficult, we meet up at least an hour earlier before our call time and the place you're staying at isn't exactly the nearest either." Kenma said.

"Then I'll escape now! I just need a place to stay." Lev reasoned.

"You know that's not going to work. Your mom will go crazy!" Yaku said.

"Honestly, I'm just glad murdering is illegal or else she would've killed us on the spot at the gym awhile ago. So I say go for it!" Yamamoto said.

"Shut it Tora." Kenma scolded lightly.

"Anyways, Lev we really would love to help you but even the coach is starting to think we're meddling too much in your personal space." Kuroo explained.

"Can't you ask someone else's help? What about your uncles?" Inuoka asked.

"They can't, they'll probably lose custody of me if they even try to do that." Lev sighed.

"Don't you know anyone else who could help asides your uncles?" Kai asked.

Lev thought long and hard about it when he suddenly thought of the perfect person to ask.

"I know just the person, thanks guys!" Lev replied as he shut off his phone and started packing his things.

He hid his packed bag under his bed and went down stairs to get his volleyball shoes.

———————————————————

"Ugh where are they?" Lev whispered to himself as he triple checked the shoe rack where his shoes were last seen.

"Are you looking for these?" Lev whipped his head to the source of the voice and low and behold, it was his mother.

Holding his volleyball shoes that had their laces tangled.

"M-my shoes!" Lev exclaimed as his arm shot out to grab it.

"Take it, it's not like you can even wear them with the laces so tangled." His mother replied coldly as she tossed the shoes to his face.

"Why?" Lev asked quietly as he started at his shoes.

"You think I'll let you off lightly for disobeying me? Silly Lyovochka." His mother chuckled darkly as she left her son who was staring at his shoes.

'I mean laces won't matter right?, I can cut them off?" Lev's thoughts rapidly clash with one another in panic as he looked at his shoes.

"This wouldn't be a problem if it was my house since I have spare laces lying around, what do I do..." "
Lev mumbles to himself as he went back up to his room.

"I'll find a way... I just need to escape tomorrow." Lev mumbled to himself as he sat on his bed.

It wasn't warm at all. It was soft and comfy, that he had to admit but it's cold and lonely. He wanted to go back home, he doesn't even feel like he's wanted at this place.

Lev got up and did his nightly routine and got on his bed and slept soundly.

________________________
Lev woke up to the sound of metal clacking and clicking noises. He was really sleepy but he couldn't help but think there might be a robbery or something he wasn't aware of.

He got up and looked at his phone as saw it was 3:40 am in the morning.

He approached the door with caution seeing the hallway lights on but turned off a few seconds later.

He grabbed the door handled and twisted it to open when he froze and his eyes widen in disbelief.

"What?....." Lev whispered to himself.

He tried twisting the doorknob once more only to have it twisting a complete 360 degrees.

He was met with no clicking sounds from the knob which indicates it was opening the door, just complete silence as the doorknob just kept twisting around smoothly as if it was just there to be on display.

That's when he knew his mother was the one who broke the doorknob. He couldn't believe she would actually go that far but now he's trying to think of what to do.

He looked at the window that was on the other side of the room and looked outside.

It wasn't a long way down, much to his relief.

"I don't really have an option do I ?" Lev said to himself.