Rufus Shinra [1]

A/n- This takes place in Advent Children.

___

Ever since your boss had been infected with the Geo Stigma, you never left his side. Besides, that's basically your job. Your obedience towards Rufus is admired by the others, they never met anyone so dedicated to their job. 

People always assumed that you had some attraction towards the boss, but that's not the case. It's more of the opposite. It all started when you joined the Turks. 

Rufus would watch you do all your missions from afar, and sometimes asking Tseng how you are doing. After years of working together with you, he realized that his feelings for you isn't just a friendly one.

You silently stood beside Rufus, who was currently on a wheelchair. He'd glance at you whenever you weren't looking, unaware of the fact that you'd glance at him as well.

He cleared his throat and called out to you. "Y/n, come here please." He said as he gesture the empty space in front of him.

You did what he told and kneeled in front of him, waiting for him to say anything. He smiled softly at the sight of you and placed his hand on top of your head.

"Y/n my dear, would you like to take my place as the new head of the company if I don't survive from this disease?"
You bit your lip as you look at him with furrowed brows.

"Sir... I certainly do not like the idea of you giving me the place as the head of the company just because you'll be dying. And please do not lose hope Sir, I'm sure that we'll be finding a cure for this disease soon, for I had promised to protect you at all cost."

He chuckled at your answer and twirled your soft hair. "You never cease to put a smile on my face, my dearest Y/n."

"It's my duty to not let you down, Sir."

Rufus smiled at your statement and let go of your hair. He was glad that you would stay by his side until the end. He was truly lucky to find someone like you.

He fixed his posture and looked at you with serious eyes. "How about this then..." He stayed quiet for a while until he finally catched his breath and smiled again.

.
.
.
.
.

"When I'm finally out of this situation, would you like to be my partner and help me be a better man for you and this world?"

___

A/n- I apologise for not updating for a while, I've been quite busy with the online activities they had been giving. But since that is over with, I could finally update more.