-29-

Not edited.

Going out for the day... see yas on the flip side :D

********

"Is she awake?" Ben walked into the bedroom.

"No, she hasn't long crashed again after waking up from a bad dream." Red spoke in a hushed voice.

"Fuck I thought she was over them."

"All this shit stirred them up again." Red looked over to her best friend as she lay sleeping fitfully on the bed. "I'm worried Ben... what if... I can't do that again..."

"We won't need to sis. Anna's stronger than before and she has a lot more than us now."

Red wiped a lone tear from her face "What happens now?"

"I think Anna knows where he is..."

"What? Are you serious?

"Think about it Red. Think about his last message and what Anna kept saying when we first got her home."

Red look curiously at her brother for a moment, remembering back to that dark time wasn't something she wanted to do. Slowly the realisation that her brother was right showed on her face.

"Holy crap Ben... you're right..."

"Could I have that in writing?" her brother teased earning him a swipe to the head.

"Now we wait till Anna wakes up." Ben settled down next to his sister.

"Has there been any luck searching the grounds?"

"No. Since he just disappeared there's been nothing."

"I still don't underst... fuck! Stay with Anna brother... I need to check something out."

"Don't you go doing anything stupid Red... or alone!"

Red stood at the door looking back at Ben with her hands on her hips. In her best scolding whisper she said "I'm not an idiot Ben but even if I was do you really think those three guys down there would let me go off on my own?"

"Nope... but I'd like to see you try." Ben smiled.

The three men sat in the office looking over plans of the ground. Each face solemn as they waited for Ben to return. None knew exactly what to say to the others as their heads swam with the information they'd been given.

Damon sunk back in his chair with an exasperated sigb. "What if she doesn't remember? I should have gone up there with him..."

"We'll keep looking Dam; she might be asleep right now... What I want to know is why is he back now?" Maxon asked more for his own curiousity than what would be of help to them.

"Could your wedding have anything to do with that Damon?"

"No I don't think so unless Michael was talking about it months ago. That's when the messages started on her old phone."

"So why now? What would make him want to come back to an almost eighteen year old girl..."

Damom bolted up in his chair "Say that again!"

Maxon looked curiously at his brother but did as he asked "What would make..."

"No not that bit! The last bit!"

"...almost eighteen year old... "

"Holy fucking shit. That's why. He doesn't want her right at this moment but after her birthday..." Lucas' face turned white.

"That makes so much fucking sense it scares me... "

"He won't get my girl. Eighteen or not... No one ever  touches her but me. He can't have her... ever..." Damon was losing control, in this situation he was out of his depth. Who would have thought he'd fall in love in such a short time... love... an emotion he denied was real until it hit him head on taking out his eyes.

Echoes of feet running towards the office had them all on their feet and had them nearing the door ready to run to where ever they were needed.

Each of them jumped back slightly as a firey Red raced into the room. She stood at the door for less than a second as she searched the room with her eyes. Once they landed on the desk she moved forward to look at the papers on it. She mumbled to herself but they couldn't hear her.

Damon, Maxon and Lucas all stood in shock looking at the young lady before them. She hadn't said a word to them at all but then neither had they to her. They waited. She was looking for something and her mind was set with what she needed to do.

Maxon couldn't help but look at her in awe as she swept her way through the office like a mini cyclone. He stood with his brothers knowing she was determined to do what she was doing. They waited as her search though it seemed childishly all over the place it was actually quite methodical.

Finally she held up a piece of A3 paper and let out a sigh. She looked at Damon and asked "Where did he disappear"

Lucas spoke up and answered  her "Near the gazebo..."

She pushed past them all leaving the office in a sprint. It took them a moment before they realised what was happening.

"Fucking hell Red!" Maxon was after her with the others not far behind.