21

"I can't believe you're pissed off cuz of something as stupid as this."

"Shut your trap Samu." I gruffly retort, wiping off the small droplets sweat on my forehead using my arm.

We were finally outside. It's still hot, but at least it wasn't baking us to dust, the classroom was practically like a big oven.

Right now, we are spending lunchtime together, Osamu, Gin, and me. Suna has gone elsewhere on the surface of the earth, I don't know, he's probably still in class or grabbing lunch.

Near the vending machines, there's this one nice spot with a good, hefty amount of shade away from the shitty, sunlight. It's my most favorite place to sit mainly because the concrete stairs help cool our asses in the weather as scorching as this. Not a single, satisfying windy breeze was modestly given by Mother Nature today.

Overall despite the horrid heat, the environment was tranquil noise-wise, maybe some distance chattering of the other students inside the building or out, nothing to be too bothered about. But temperature-wise, it was awfully warm and humid this afternoon, it wasn't making my current negative mood any better either. A heated emotion with heated surroundings is a terrible combination, like adding gasoline to a flame. It made me recall that I was never a Summer person, I've always liked Autumn and Winter. I prefer wrapping myself up warm in the cold rather than walking around in an inescapable fiery hell.

I'm here sweating profusely though I'm not even wearing my frustratingly heavy school blazer today, and my tie was even loosened so I can breathe better. I did all that and I'm still melting nonetheless!

Ginjima snickers quietly at us and presses a newly chilled can of fruit soda on my cheek, "Here you are my dude."

It startled me at first due to the sudden change of temperature on my face but the contact still felt awfully refreshing. I thought I was going crazy as I believed that my warm skin hissed from the cold surface of the metal.

Taking the soda gratefully off my face, I find my way to sit back down on the steps where Osamu already was. "Thanks Gin," I said, cracking the drink can open.

My brother calmly shifted his gaze towards me. "Y'know Tsumu, getting mad at her just because she's going to a different college, is really dumb, she has the right to do what she wants."

"I'm not mad at her dammit," I quietly mutter against the can on my lips, taking a mini sip of the fizzy drink, "Still...It's unfair..."

"What are ya being such a big baby for? How's that unfair? Osaka ain't even that far."

"Hmm? What happened? Did our picture-perfect couple get into an argument?" Gin curiously asks when opening his own can and sitting next to us on the steps.

"No, it wasn't an argument. I overheard her earlier talking with her friends about going to Osaka after high-school."

Gin's eyebrows were pinched pensively in amusement.

"W-What's with your face?"

"Come on Atsumu! Are you joking?!" He smiles with his mouth open in pure disbelief. He had to put his own can down to laugh at me. My previous bubbling irritation elevated at higher stage from the sound of his rash voice. "What's to be upset about? Osaka is barely an hour train ride away you dummy, at least she ain't going to Hokkaido or something!"

Osamu holds down a snort, "Thank you. Gin."

"But..." I trail, "But what about me?"

"Hm? What about you?" Osamu asks, tearing open a sandwich packet.