FIFTEEN - Scared of a Girl?

Start from the beginning

Her hand ran to her thigh instinctively and she grabbed her gun and pointed it at Gideon's head firmly with both hands. 

He raised his arms slowly, "Put that down, now." He commanded.

The warm tear that scrolled down her cheek contrasted with the stone-cold expression that dawned on her strong features as she observed him through the aim of the weapon.

"Agent March, you better put that gun down now or you will regret this."

She walked closer to him, "Seems like you're projecting a bit, hun." She whispered. "My father got himself killed and I'm still here, aren't I? Want to know my secret? I'm smarter, faster, and better at what I do. In fact, you might only be my boss right now because you're a man." She smiled, "We both know I got better scores then you in every subject in the academy, and broke the record of Defensive Tactics my Sophmore year. The best thing you two will ever have is each other's company when you burn in hell."

The door slams open and two guards come in holding guns. Elliot storms in the room right after them, confused, "What the hell is going on?! Monday?!"

The guards hold her by her arms and start taking her away, "Why'd you call for back up, boss?!" She yelled full of spite, "Scared of a girl?!"

-

Monday was placed in a containing-cell underground the headquarters. Approximately one hour after being there, Feyre finally snuck in to see her friend.

"Fey??"

"Monday!! What the hell were you thinking? Aiming a gun at the chief? Are you out of your mind?!"

She grabbed her friend's arms through the cell, "Listen, you have to get me out of here. GUST has Sawyer and now Peaches' husband got to Apollo. We don't have time for this."

"Minnie, you know I'd love to help you but you're out of this case." Feyre looked at her partner with deep worry, "There is no way you'll be allowed back in." 

Monday's head got hot and her entire body felt in panic.

"I'll do my best to help them but... tomorrow marks Liza Gordon's twelfth month anniversary at GUST. Between an agent and our mission's mark... you know which life I have to prioritize."

Monday's eyes closed shut. She knew.

Feyre held her friend's face through the bars, "Don't worry, we will do the best we can to get everyone safe. I'll do what I have to do." Slowly, Feyre turned Monday's head and met her lips to her ear, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

She leaned out and they looked at each other briefly before Feyre walked away.

Monday yelled out for her again, but she had already disappeared into the grey hallway out of there.

She covered her forehead with her hand and felt the strength in her body oscillate.

She couldn't fathom the thought of being in that cell alone while Apollo, Sawyer, and even Peaches were in danger. Her body slowly started performing the signs of a panic attack, which she at once noticed and tried controlling.

Luckily, it wasn't long until she noticed the shadow of a hunched man standing still at the hallway, waiting to enter. Waiting for a sign of permission or warning.

"Who's there?" She asked right away.

The shadow flinched and quickly stood up straight. First, she saw the fingers of the person gripping the doorframe, then the body.

"Elliot!" She yelled joyfully.

He immediately cut her off aggressively with a tall finger pushing his tight lips and a muffled shushing noise. She fell silent, and her face gave away the confusion of both the fact that she had been told to be quiet and the fact that it had been done by Elliot.

"I'm not supposed to be here." He whispered.

"What's going on?"

"We don't have time. I'm getting you out of here." He reached the lock and inserted in it two pieces of metal from his pocket that he silently moved around with while he continued, "After they took you in I started digging around on the system and found so--"

"What? What did you find?" She anxiously whispered back.

He paused and looked at her intolerantly, "I was still talking." She pressed her lips and raised her hands. "I found some weird activity in the files. The list of suspects was corrupted."

"I don't understand."

"We were working with another division to find the leader of GUST and we had 32 names, in order of priority. I made myself a copy in private to work on it at home and this document can only be accessed with the chief's password, one that changes every 3 hours. When I checked it an hour ago... the order had completely changed."

Suddenly a metallic noise announced the unlocking of the cell, and Elliot opened the door for her, "Wait, this means that--"

"It was someone on the inside."

"And this also means that the original list was too close. Gideon gave me the modified one. Can you send me a picture of your copy?"

He got out his phone and did so. "The mole could be Gideon. It would make sense."

"The mole could be anyone." She finished getting herself ready, "Listen, I'm gonna need your help. I'm going into GUST and I'm gonna need back up, but we can't trust anyone right now--"

"Don't worry about that. I'll get you the backup."

She nodded and hurridly ran to the door.

"Mon!" He whispered loudly. She turned to him. "I left you some gadgets in your car. Use them."

She ran back to him and got on the tip of her toes to hold his face and kiss his cheek, which made his head hang and his eyes unable to open again for a few moments afterward, but when he did, she was gone.