Chapter 4 - Mafia Man

ابدأ من البداية

I pull my phone out and send Damian a text to see if he will talk to me during the long drive. He replies quickly and I smile to myself as I tell him I miss his dick.

"Who are you texting?" Matteo asks.

"Damian," I say and he sighs. My cousins know I'm gay and they all promise not to tell my papà because they don't care.

"Isn't he too old?"

"It doesn't matter if he is old. He can still fuck me good," I say and Matteo gags. I laugh and keep texting Damian.

"Do you think you'll ever tell Antonio you're gay?"

"No way, he'd kill me on slight."

"On sight," he corrects and I grumble. He's always been the best at picking up English. Me and Lorenzo are the worst at it because we don't see why we have to speak perfect at it. Most of the people I know speak Italian anyways. My papà expects me to be perfect at it anyways so I have no choice. He even makes us speak English at home so we get better.

It takes an hour to get to the docks my family runs. I can see the boat coming in so me and Matteo go straight through the security gates and to the loading bay.

"I hate this job, it's so boring," I say as I light a cigarette and sit on a low wall. Matteo scolds me but I wave him off, watching the boat be docked up.

"Sta impiegando troppo tempo!" I complain.

"It's supposed to take a long time! This is our job! Stop whining or I'll call Antonio," Matteo says angrily. I roll my eyes but secretly I'm terrified of him calling my dad so I behave. I take a drag from the cigarette and stand up as the captain of the ship comes over to talk with us.

"Everything went well on the shipment, your people can start unloading now," he says and I nod. Our workers start unloading the huge crates of balsamic vinegar that we control the imports of. People always seem surprised when they find out we don't only import and export drugs. We will get involved in any business that will benefit us and a lot of that is legal, although our methods may not always be within the law.

I takes three hours to get everything loaded into trucks and driving away to warehouses.

"Are we finally done?" I ask and Matteo says yes, letting us go to the car to drive home.

"I hate boring jobs like this," I say and Matteo glares at me.

"I know, you say every time," he grumbles. "You also complain about the messy jobs, the dangerous jobs, and any job you have to do."

"I never got a chance to enjoy myself as a kid, this is me trying to make up for lost time," I argue.

"By fucking anything that moves?"

"I do not fuck girls, only boys."

"That's even worse. Antonio expects you to have a child, preferably a boy, that can take over from you. If you don't find a girlfriend soon you know he'll find one for you," he says and I sigh, because it's true. I'm really just hoping he forgets or miraculously becomes gay friendly.

"That is my problem to deal with. I've found good fuck buddy who cares about me enough to make me dinner and breakfast so I'm happy. Even if Papà kills me, I'll die happy."