Library

It's now my lunch period and I don't know what to do. Samantha and Darcy were pretty much the only people I've talked to all day, and it seems like they only want to talk to me because of my relation to Courtney.
  I decided to go hang out in the library since I want to find a new book anyways. Maybe I'll play on the computer.

  Lawndale's library is tucked in away from the cafeteria so it's pretty quiet. There's only the librarian and one girl in here.
  "Hello, miss. What's your name?" The librarian asked. She's a cute old lady.
  "I'm Ramona." I said.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Mrs. Richardson." She introduced herself and went back to reading.
  I walked around the shelves until I found the Stephen King section.
  I picked up The Shining and sat at a table by the computers.
  The girl on the computer looked like she was coding something.
  "Hey, what are you doing?" I whispered to her, smiling.
  She turned around and looked almost confused.
  "Just editing my geocities site." She mumbled.
  "Oh nice! I like going on geocities or angelfire sites. I don't know how to code though." 

She just smiled, unamused, and went back to typing. 

"I'm Mona by the way. What's your name?" I asked her. 

"My name's Melanie." She told me.

"And are you a senior?"

"Yep."

"So am I! What classes do you have?" 

"After this period I have AP English, math, and gym class." Melanie finally turned around to face me.

"I have gym last period too, ugh. Maybe we can hang out in it though."

We smiled at each other and she noticed my book.

"Hey, I love Stephen King! Have you read anything from him before?" She asked.

"I've watched a bunch of the movies but never read one of his books before. I only ever read in school really so I just waited until now to start The Shining. " We bonded over books and movies for a little while.

 "So, I'm sorry if this comes off a bit rude and I bet everyone's asking this- but did you actually walk in with Courtney Love this morning?" Melanie asked, seeming kind of embarrassed.

I chuckled. "It's completely okay. And yes, it's true I live with Courtney. She took me in because I was a runaway."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's perfectly okay! It was really the best thing to happen to me."

 "I really love Hole. But my favorite band is The Smashing Pumpkins, or maybe Pearl Jam, I don't know!" We both laughed.

"I could get Courtney to sign a CD of your's if you want."

 Melanie dove into my arms and hugged me.

    -time skip to gym class-

It was now the end of the day and Melanie and I were basically best friends. We had gym class next which I always dreaded, but it might be more tolerable with a friend.

Our gym clothes were shorts with a school T-shirt and tennis shoes.

"Welcome to the first day of school. We're going to start class everyday with some basic exercises." Our teacher told us.

 "25 JUMPING JACKS!"

 We all jumped in unison, following the teachers command.

 There were a few more exercises like push ups, which everyone groaned at.

Lastly we had to run a few laps around the gym. Melanie and I laughed at each other while we panted.

"Today we're just playing dodgeball. Stephanie and Aria, pick teams."

Stephanie was a tall brunette girl, seemingly popular. 

The girls made their teams, picking their best friends first.

"Girl in the purple skirt." Stephanie pointed at me. The only girls left were Melanie and a foreign girl.

Aria picked the foreign girl, and oh no.. Memories from previous school years came flooding back to me.

"You." Stephanie sighed and pointed at Melanie.