History

1997~

The sun was shining on my messy brown hair, making it hot to the touch. I was sitting on a park bench and making a flower crown from dandelions. It was nice weather today.
I heard a little girl's voice coming up behind me and turned around.
I recognized her mom because she'd given me money before, but she looked familiar from something else.
"Hi, babydoll." She smiled.
"Hi."I replied and put my dandelion crown on.
The little girl waved and ran off to the playground. Her mom sat down next to me.
"You're still wearing the same clothes from the last time i saw you. Are you staying anywhere?" She grabbed my hand sympathetically.
"No, just here in the park or sometimes in the woods." I replied shyly.
"Well, why don't you stay with me?" She offered.
"Ma'am, that's so nice of you." I stuttered and my eyes began watering.
"I want you to be safe. How'd you end up here?"
"I ran away three weeks ago because my mom was aggressive and didn't take care of me. My name's Ramona and I'm almost 17." I explained.
The woman waved her daughter back over and stood up.
"Well Ramona, I want you to come home with me and my daughter. My name is Courtney Love." She took my hand and lead me to her car.
I instantly knew who she was, the genius behind Hole whose lyrics got me through middle school. I began shaking and tears fell from my eyes.
I got into her car and finally knew things were gonna be alright for once.

This was the beginning of my new life.