Dress

Now, I have been living with Courtney for 6 months. She provides me a bedroom, 3 meals a day, a small allowance, and other things in exchange for me babysitting her daughter Frances. She's nearly my mother now.
We even celebrated my seventeenth birthday together, which was the first birthday i've had since i was twelve. I was genuinely happy.

I was finishing up brushing my hair in the mirror when Courtney walked in.
"Hurry Mona, I need to be at the studio in twenty minutes!" She reminded me.
I put my combat boots on and a quick layer of mascara. Today I was wearing a long sleeved purple dress Courtney had bought me, so I twirled around in the mirror.
Today we were going to the studio to film Hole's new music video for Celebrity Skin. The album was coming out in a few months, so things were a bit hectic. Courtney always brings Frances and I to hear her record songs, but this was the first music video.

  I walked out into the living room where Courtney was on the phone, sounding distressed.
  Frances was waiting patiently on the couch to leave, so I sat next to her.
  "One of the extras isn't showing up." Courtney sighed as she hung up the phone.
  "What was she supposed to do?" I asked.
"She was one of the main ones to twirl."
  "In the purple dress?" I questioned.      
When Courtney told me about how this video would look and showed me the dresses, I thought they were beautiful and just wished I could be a dancer. But I fear I'll mess up, or not be pretty enough.

  We got in the car and started driving towards the studio.
  "I don't know what to do, we don't have a replacement." Courtney complained.
  "Well, I could try it." I offered shyly.
"Really? That would be great, but are you sure it's not too much? Oh, I'm so excited to see you all made up!" Her face lit up and we both smiled.
  Once we got to the studio and I saw the blue set, I was a little overwhelmed.
Courtney was telling the directors how I would be a dancer, and I wondered if I should've just kept my mouth shut. "Mona, this will be your makeup artist. I have to go get ready now." She smiled and lead me to a woman with a dress in her arms.
  "Go put this on and I'll do your hair and makeup afterwards." The lady said.
I went into the dressing room and put on the gorgeous purple dress I had dreamed about. It was mesmerizing and I was on an adrenaline rush.
  I sat down at the vanity and the lady put hair rollers in my hair. On the table there was a sparkly tiara.
  "Am I wearing this?" I asked.
"Yeah, all the dancers are wearing tiaras." She answered.
  Another lady started brushing blush and other makeup onto my face.
  I applied red lipstick while my hair was sprayed.
  "Now, for the finishing touch." She put the tiara on my head.
  I stared at myself, feeling like a princess.
  "Babe, we're filming soon! You look beautiful!" Courtney exclaimed, running up to me in a red dress.

  We went onto the set and I stood with the other dancers. Courtney was on stage with Patty and Melissa.
   "GO!" The director shouted and the music began playing.
  We all began dancing in circles, playing with our dresses.
  I twirled to the music in unison with the other girls.
  For the next scene we all went down the stairs and lifted up our skirts.
  Some girls were up dangling from ropes or on harnesses.
  After a few cuts, we were done.

  I ran up to Courtney and hugged her.
"You did so good!"
  Frances ran up to us from off the set.
"You looked pretty!" She giggled.
    "Let's go get icecream in our princess dresses." Courtney grabbed our hands and we walked outside.