"I thought we had a truce," I laughed.

"Sorry not sorry" she shrugged, shooting me once more. Her gun ran out of amo.

"Okay now the burgers are really done" dad said.

All the boys crowded the table and got food. Normal teenage boys. I made sure to get some of Aria's fruit salad. Somehow the girls ended up in the middle of the line somewhere.

I took a bite of this 'famous' fruit salad. It tasted like heaven to say the least. "Oh my gosh Aria this fruit salad is amazing." I said.

"Like I said grandma's famous recipe" she said with a shrug. I know we're to the point where we don't absolutely hate each other and we can have a normal conversation without fighting. I wouldn't say we're friends yet, even though it seems like it.
***
"Shirts versus skins. Who's in?" I asked and all the boys agreed. I ended up on a skins with Xander, Duke, Zach, Noah, Mike, and Andy. We had to play seven versus seven due to numbers. The other team was Brandon, Maverick, Dad, Chris, Harrison, Landon, and Tristan.

We played for about an hour then shirts called a timeout. Dad was out, he didn't want to play anymore. "He's out, any of you girls wanna step in?" Brandon asked.

"What about you sis? Up for a little challenge?" Xander asked.

"I'm good here," she said from the chair.

"Oh so you're scared?" He pressed.

"Fine I'll play" she said getting up and walking over to the shirts' huddle.

Shirts had the ball they gave it to Aria to score. "You can't get me" She taunted her brother.

"Oh yeah is that a challenge?" He asked.

"You bet it is." She said, trying to get around him. He wrapped his arms around her stomach and threw her in the pool. She squealed and ended up laughing. "Okay you win you win" she said after coming up. "Now help me out" she reached out her hand for him to take. He grabbed her hand to pull her up and she pulled him in.
***
"Let me help clean up," Aria said.

"No, it's fine," I said.

"Please" she asked.

"No my mom taught me to never let your guests to help clean up, it not polite"

"Fine I guess I'll just wait here until your done"

"Why do you want to wait 'till I'm done? You can go home you know" I said. I held up a finger to her. "Maverick get your ass out here and clean up?" I yelled.

"Why does he get to help?" She whined.

"Because this is his second home and he's like a brother to me. You never answered my question"

"I wanted to do the project"

"No no no this is a day of fun and you're not ruining it with homework. Plus we have the next two weeks to work on them."

"But the best thing is to get the project done so we can practice on the presentation" she argued.

"I'm not working today and neither are you, end of story. I don't want to ruin a fun day with homework. Not gonna happen."  I fought back.

"But"

"There is no buts the answer is no" I said.

"He's so stubborn" she said under her breath where she thought I couldn't hear.

"You're welcome to stay with me and Maverick after we're done cleaning. I think Maverick's asking Allie to stay too"

"Fine, I'll stay," she said.
***
"What movie do y'all wanna watch?" Maverick asked plopping on the couch with popcorn. They shrugged.

"I have a whole basket of movies over in the corner. Maverick go get them" Maverick got up and got the basket. "Who wants hot chocolate?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Me" they said in unison. 

"Okay four hot chocolates coming up"

"Allie, oh my god look" Aria exclaimed.

"Oh my god we have to watch this" Allie said.

"Okay we'll watch it," Maverick said with a laugh.

I brought the hot chocolates to the living room. "So what are we watching?" I asked. They had already started the movie but you couldn't see what movie it was.

"How to train your dragon" Allie piped.

"Oh" I said sadly.

"What do you not like about this movie?" Allie asked. "We can turn it off if you don't"

"No it's not like that at all. I really like this movie." It was my mom's favorite movie. Her favorite part was when Toothless started drawing with the tree. She always said that he reminded her of me, learning and acting like a child.

"Okay," She said and turned to the movie.

"This is berk..."

I was fine until my mom's favorite part came up. When Toothless started drawing with the tree a tear rolled down my tree and a sob escaped my mouth. Allie paused the movie.

"What's wrong? Adrien it's not a sad part. Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine...I just...I'm just gonna go to my room real quick" I stuttered. I got up quickly and went to my room. 

"Hey man you okay?" Maverick asked, coming into my room.

"Yeah it's just that it was her favorite movie and her favorite part." I explained crying. "I miss her so much" I broke into sobs.

"I know man I know" he said comforting me.

"She's gone and i hate it. I miss her so much." I'm having a mental breakdown. I only get these every once in a while. It happens when I'm stressed or think about things too much.

"I'll be right back just try to control your breathing." Maverick said walking out of the room. I could hear  voices outside of my room, probably Maverick telling them they have to go. "I'm back" Maverick stayed sitting with me on my bed. "Breathe with me" he said as he started breathing in deeply through his nose and slowly out of his mouth. I copied him.

Once my breathing was controlled he had to get my mind away from my mom.

"Wanna play video games?" He pointed towards the Xbox and controllers. I nodded. We played for an hour.

"Can you spend the night?" I asked.

"Yeah sure"
***
Maverick's already asleep next to me. I'm laying on my bed wide awake, thinking. I'm thinking of how much alike I am to Hiccup. I don't have a mom. He never knew his and I loved mine before she was taken. I feel vulnerable and weak. My dad has been tough on me since mom left. He's always pushing me too hard. I feel like I'll never meet his expectations. I don't want to disappoint him. The only I difference is I don't have a Toothless . I don't have someone to make it better.
***
Hey guys! This chapter wasn't the best but I hope you liked it. I really liked the water gun fight scene! What about you? Comment vote and follow!
                Until next time,
                           Kylagrace21