thirteen

y a n  j u i c e

Out on the tennis court, Nam stands to the side with her camera as Yan rolls a basket of tennis balls to the line of main players, minus the captain. "I have made my training plan. Jiale, please help me demonstrate it," Yan asks.

Jiale steps up. "No wonder you keep staring at me," he says. "You want to use me as an example."

Nam curiously watches as Yan has Jiale do a drill with weights added to his legs. Once he messes up, Yan hands him a strange glass of green juice. Where did that come from? Nam wonders.

Nam is in shock as Jiale runs to another court and collapses there, shouting "It's so bitter!" Is the drink that horrible? Nam questions. Well, I guess the juice is at least that bad to Jiale.

She watches Yan hand Xinglong a racket, and to her amusement, this causes him to shout "Burning!" Nam watches player after player follow in Jiale's footsteps, though, as they mess up the drill. First Xinglong, then Baiyang, Dachi, and Qiao Chen.

When it's Zhuo Zhi's turn, he doesn't even move, accepting the Yan juice. Nam gasps in amazement as Zhuo says, "It is tasty," before drinking more.

Nam unintentionally winces as she sees Sha suddenly appear, seeming to be on a video call with someone, showing whoever's on the other side their practice. She frowns as this causes Xia to lose his focus, and mess up the drill as well. Nam watches her twin make Yan feed him the juice like a baby bird, before he inevitably collapses on the ground, too.

Sha leaves in distress as Siyang makes his way to everyone. Nam carefully watches Siyang's reaction to the Yan juice as he takes a sip, standing next to Zhuo who's also intently watching.

Siyang gulps the juice, unaware of the pain it's inflicted to most of the team. Nam sees the juice start to take effect, and Siyang fists his pants in an attempt to brave through it. She inwardly laughs as he convinces Yan to have the team drink it only once a week instead of twice, and slowly stumbles away.

Zhuo softly chuckles. "It seems the captain likes the juice as well."

"That's right. Lu Nam, do you want to try it?" Yan asks. "Lu Nam?"

Fortunately for Nam, she scurries away in time to escape the now infamous Yan juice.

-

The team has recovered from their bitter experience, and Nam stands to the side as Yan tells the boys ways they can improve themselves. She laughs as he reaches her twin.

"Lu Xia," Yan says, "I think you should drink more milk."

"No matter how much milk I drink, I will not get any taller," he responds.

"Lu Xia," I think you should take his advice," Jiale says, "Yan is so tall because he drank a lot of milk." Xia just gives a blank stare.

Nam works hard to hold in her laugh as Yan gets to Siyang. He tells him, "As for Siyang, your problem is... you always have a poker face. You need to relax."

The captain clears his throat, saying, "This is not about tennis at all," hoping that stops the chuckling boys.

"To help everyone progress faster, I will upgrade my Yan juice," Yan says. Nam openly laughs as the boys all take a step back with horror written over their faces.