The Penanggal

During my first semester break in  University i went to visit my grandparents in their house.Its a village located in Terengganu,I was so happy to see them after a long time they were too.My university was located in Terengannu so just because my grandparents house is near my university.I had some friends in the village too the locals know about the village kids how naughty we were.When we were asked not to do something  at that moment only we will do it as being kids we were full of curiosity.Sometimes when i go back there for the holiday we would spend time near the river bank playing in mud and many more.We would also burn egg shells and rooster feather near the river bank hoping to see a ghost.Childhood days I even laugh when I remember about this.

The first day of that night was so exciting my friends came over to see me and we were laughing remembering our memories.I had few Malay and Chinese friends there but the closest i was to were Ahmad,Julia,Lee and Ali.They to decided to spend time with me until my holiday was over so as usual during night time after dinner we started talking ghost stories.I noticed my grandma leaving the leftover food outside the window.I ask my grandma why she didn't replied but smiled.I asked my friends too they changed the topic and then at night i was sound asleep.

Suddenly i heard some footsteps outside the window i waked up i saw my window open so i closed it and went to sleep again but i couldn't i was keep on thinking about the food my grandma left outside.Then there were a whoosh sound outside i thought who would be here at this time it was 3.30 in the midnight.It was a lady she was wearing a red color gown.I called the woman because I was not sure my friends like to prank me so i thought it was them.Then i noticed its not them because she had a very long hair.I called her who are you she didn't turn and i called her again she turned.She was a very beautiful woman like in her mid 20 s I was so mesmerized and then  she started to cry.

Her tears were red in color at once i knew she was not a human but i couldn't move it was like i being hypnotized by her.I was standing near my window helpless like that nearly 10 minutes and she did one thing it made me nearly faint.She abstracted her head from her body i could see her intestines and liver.My leg became so weak until i fell down in my bedroom floor.I felt asleep in a while due to fear i didn't know whether i was asleep or fainted.In the morning i woke up in the floors of my bedroom my body was so hot i was having a fever.After i bathed i went and sit in the hall my grandpa noticed me and asked what is wrong my dear i didn't even uttered a word.My grandpa knew something was wrong and he called my grandma to check on me.She touched me and said oh dear why are you so pale.I tried to talk but my words stammered.

I told her the whole incident and she took me to the altar room and applied holy ash on me.My friend came to the house on evening i told them they said that actually we wanted to tell you about this yesterday but we didn't want to scare you.They told that woman was called penanggal (because it attach its head out of its body).She used to roam around at night disturbing the villagers we should not summon her if we do it will be a serious consequence.Luckily i fainted last night if not who knows what would have happened to me.I got fever for two weeks and then i recovered before going back to University.But that night i dreamed of a horrible creature like a banshee eating the food my grandma left outside.