Chapter 14 - I can't think if I'm sleeping

Luke's POV

I woke up from the nap, seeing Ash asleep right beside me. I smiled at the sight, what would I do without her?

Suddenly I started to frown, remembering what she told me before I fell asleep. I feel bad that when she tells me she loves me I can't ever say it back, I wonder if she thinks I don't love her...

Maybe now that she's sleeping I could try to tell her.

"Ash... I... I lov-

"Hmm hey Luke, did you sleep well?" she suddenly said, waking up and I immediately shut up.

"Were you talking to me?" she asked confused.

"I- no" I quickly said, stuttering a bit.

"Okay?" she answered, confused at my reaction.

"Let's go downstairs, it's time to have dinner" she said after checking the time in her phone.

We made our way downstairs and to the kitchen.

We were having dinner and no one had said anything so far.

"So, you have a crush on Christen?" my sister asked, breaking the silence.

"What?! No, I don't" I answered quickly, getting a bit nervous.

"You seem nervous" Ali said teasing me.

"I really don't have a crush, stop it" I answered, playing with my food, uncomfortable.

"Come on Luke. You get all happy when you talk to her and look at how you are acting right now, it's obviou- where are you going? you have barely eaten" she interrupted herself when she saw me getting up of the table.

I went upstairs and locked myself in my room. Again.

I know what you must be thinking, but I don't like Christen, not like that. She's been great to me and I feel that we have a beautiful bond and I trust her, which is hard for me to do, but I don't have any romantic feelings towards her.

The reason I reacted like I did when Ash asked me that was because I do act like I have a crush, and I'm just realizing it. But I'm so happy around Christen because she truly does makes me happy, it's been a while since I made a friend and I've never been so comfortable around someone that isn't Ash or Ali. And I sometimes get nervous around her cause she's THE Christen Press, and she's gorgeous, and I get nervous around every pretty girl, it's very embarrassing.

Also, it's not like she would ever like me, not like anyone would like me, I don't even like myself.

I looked at myself in the mirror, two months, only two more months... you can do it, Luke.

Wait...

if Ash and Ali thought I liked Christen.. what if.. what if Christen thinks I like her?

I quickly took my phone and texted Christen.

Christen

Me: Hey, can you talk?

...

She's not answering.

Fuck, she's not answering.

What if she thinks I like her and she's trying to avoid me, what if-

A sound coming from my phone interrupted my thoughts.

Christen is calling

I quickly answered.

"Hey Luke, everything alright?" I heard Christen's voice ask, a bit concerned.

Okay, Luke, breathe, you are overthinking this, she doesn't think you like her. Just answer calmly and-

"Luke? Do you like me?"

What?! Did she just ask me what I think she asked me or am I tripping?

"What- what did you say?"

"I said Luke, are you there?, but I can see that you are here now" she answered, chuckling a little bit.

"Yes yes I - I'm here, sorry" I quickly said.

She knows you are here Luke, are you stupid? She can fucking hear you.

"Is everything okay?" she asked again.

"Yes" I said.

"Yes?" she asked confused.

"I mean everything's fine why wouldn't it be?"

"Hey, Luke, I can hear that you are freaking out a bit, how about you take a few breaths and then we can talk about it?" she said softly, her voice calming me down a bit. Is it weird that her voice calms me down? Maybe I do have a crush on her? But I- I don't.

"I need to go" I said before hanging up.

I turned off my phone and lied on my bed. I can't think if I'm sleeping, so that's what I'm going to do.

Ashlyn's POV

"Should I go check on him? Let him know we were just joking?"

"Babe, he's probably still a bit sensitive about what happened this morning. I know you worry a lot about him, but he's almost 18, you don't need to worry like he's 14" Ali said, trying to calm me down.

"I know..." I said, looking down, still a bit concerned.

"Hey, I'm not saying worrying about him it's wrong, but I do think we should give him some space."

"Why are you always right?" I said, kissing her cheek.

Just then my phone started ringing and I answered without looking at it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ash? Is Luke okay?" Christen's voice sounded through the phone, her voice filled with concern.

Immediately I started to get worried again.

"Why?"

"He just called me and was acting very weird, I don't know, he seemed very nervous. And he hung up on me" Christen explained to me.

Instantly I calmed down a bit.

"I think I know why he was acting like that, it's because of something that we told him at dinner, don't worry Christen."

"Oh, okay?... well tell him to call me when he... wants to?" Christen said.

"I will, thanks for calling" I said before hanging up.

"We might have caused some trouble" I said to Ali, who was looking at me expectantly.

"What?" she asked confused.

"What we told Luke really affected him and he's acting weird with Christen. I don't know why." I explained to her.

"Do you think he actually has a crush on her?" Ali asked surprised, raising her eyebrows.

"No no, I know how Luke is when he likes someone, and he definitely doesn't like Christen, that's why I don't know why he's acting weird. What do we do?"

"Right now, go to sleep, it's getting late." Ali said, taking my hand and going to our bedroom, before continuing to talk.

"And, tomorrow, we will talk about everything"

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I asked, concerned.

"He will babe, don't worry." she said, pecking my lips softly.

"I hope you're right"

"I always am" she said winking at me playfully.