Excuse Me?

†Excuse me?†

*Mira's P.O.V.*

What the chocolate jello? Any other time a tatted up piece of sexy wanted to play "tickle the sweet spot" I would have been all over that. This guy?! I'm still not sure if he's real or if I'm going crazy, but this guy wants me to believe that I'm his newest little toy?! Well, be warned tall, dark, and sexy! This toy can be a choking hazard. In fact, I bite. And claw.

"Excuse me?" I gave him my best scary face. Which sucked I know. Hard to be scary when you're so goshdarned adorable, but I have been known to scare a few people. Mainly my friends.

"Ya heard me shortcakes." He pulled a cigarette out and began lighting up. Was he crazy?! Or maybe I was. I really hoped I wasn't.

"You do realize we're in a hospital right?" I said to him.

"You do realize. I don't give a dâmn right?" He mocked blowing smoke towards me. Dang he was cute! Those black shaggy locks, those ripped arms. Those amber eyes. Wait! I knew those eyes!

"You were there!" I shrieked. Talk about word vomit! Let's let everyone know I was talking to thin air, I could be released to a place full of comfy cushions and tight fashion accessories.

"Give her a cookie!" He yelled out. He tossed his cigarette into my uneaten bowl of what might have been pudding. "Of course I was there genius! You killed a guy! I'm Death. Do the math." He sprawled negligently into a chair and just looked at me. "Now that that's out of the way. Why don't ya give me something fun to do." He lit another cigarette while my brain processed that he once again called himself "Death". Yep. Definitely going crazy there Zitomira. I wonder if the straightjackets in "the special place" came in black? I could so rock that look.

"Like what? You're just a manifestation of my inability to understand reality." I was grim. Dang. I'll never get to see the finale for my fave show. Did they get cable in crazytown? I guess I could just make it up. Hell, once they dose me up, I won't care anymore would I?

"Why don't ya get naked, and come on over. You could test out how 'real' I am." He said in a deep voice. The smoke circling around his head like a halo. He had a smirk on his face, that just made him sexier. Damnit. Well, as hallucinations went, he wasn't hard on the eyes. I felt like petting myself, congratulating my insanity on a job well done.

I wasn't sure if I was starting to get out of bed because he was killer sexy, or if I wanted to prove he wasn't real, but I tried. I tried to get up. My abdomen pulled tightly, the stitches hampering my movement. Pain sucked. Bad.

"Yeah, that ain't happening." I whimpered. Exhausted by the effort, I fell back into bed. He threw his head back and groaned. He stalked over and put his cigarette out in the already desecrated pudding.

"Well, toy of mine, I'm bored." He put his jacket on and turned once more to me. "Don't get broke while I'm gone. I haven't played with you yet." With that he disappeared in a puff of black smoke. Attention deficit much? Nature called, and not wanting to call the nurse in, I forced myself up and out of bed. The pain hit a richter scale of nine, but I grabbed all those stupid machines and leaned on them. With their help I was able to handle my business. Which wasn't fun. At all. Neither was the slow march to the bed or getting back on it without tearing my stitches.

The pain alone told me that whatever goodness they had given me was wearing off. So if he was the product of heavy narcotics, there would be no trace of him. Anywhere. I slowly pulled the moving table thing over my bed. I did it slow. One, I was scared. Two. It hurt. When the tray was in front of me I closed my eyes. I prayed. I prayed like I haven't prayed in years. I prayed that the cigarette buttes were gone. I prayed he was just a vision brought on by the drugs. I prayed I wasn't crazy.

I opened my eyes slowly. There. Sitting in the congealed beige mess that the hospital cafeteria passed as pudding, were two cigarettes. Well, shīt. Welcome to Crazy. Population: One. Hope you enjoy your stay.