Life

*Life*

"You're dead! Do you hear me! Dead!" Hannah screamed through the locked door, and I couldn't hold back my giggles. She takes stuff so serious!

"Oh, sweetie! Don't be that way! You know you love me!" I laughed back at her. I slumped to the ground my red and black hair falling around me as the door I was leaning on got thumped.

"Not right now! I'm serious this time!" The laughter coming from me was getting dangerously close to the ugly kind. I just didn't care. Hannah's face was priceless when she opened her Facebook! Priceless! I should get an award!

"I can't believe you Mira! I'm serious about killing you! I just read some creepy pasta and I have way too many ideas!" This, of course, coming from sweet Hannah caused my laughter to cross that line, till I was snorting and tears streamed down my face.

"You posted a pic of my vibrator online and called it my boyfriend!" She screeched. Yea, now I'm not even making sounds, I'm laughing that hard. I pulled it together long enough to answer her.

"Nooo. I called it your B. O. B. Battery Operated Boyfriend." The angry squall made my giggle fits return.

"My mother could have seen it! How the hell did you get my password anyway?!" Again came the thumping on the door. She may be sweet, but she was persistent. She had it coming though. She did. Promise. On and on going on about her ex ruining her life. Then I say something smart along the lines of. 'Well, wouldn't you say you ruined your own life by dating him.' Do you know what sweet Hannah did then? Let me tell you. She smashed, and I mean smashed my favorite BVB CD! There had to be revenge. Oh, yes, revenge HAD to be taken. So I posted a pic of her fave "toy" and posted it on her facebook. Revenge will be mine!

"You have had the same password since we were sixteen. Duh! I mean "ILOVETWILIGHT" is pretty simple." I explained. That obsession of hers had me seriously questioning our friendship. It was a rough few years for us, let me tell you that.

The door got quiet there for a second. I felt the door still holding her weight, so I know she was still there. The sound of her sliding down the door came next, and I could imagine her sitting the same as me, crosslegged on the floor.

"Okay, I guess we're even now, right?" She quietly said. Yes, I guess we were. She ruined my baby. I potentially could have ruined her life. Seems fair to me.

"I guess." I flipped my hair out of my face, and for a nanosecond, just a nanosecond, felt guilty. "Though don't you think I took a great pic of Bob? I could give you a copy." It translating to "I'm sorry I almost let your Mom see your dirty girl side." A giggle came through the door at that.

"Yes, it was flattering lighting. Did you use a filter?" This from Hannah translating to "I forgive you and I'm sorry for smashing your CD". I stood and opened the door, allowing Hannah to fall flat on her back, her blonde curls floating around her like a nimbus. I bent and kissed her forehead.

"No, he's just that photogenic. Are we going out?" Just like that, we were besties again. Its just how we are. We fight worse than siblings, try to kill each other on a regular basis, and generally make each other's lives miserable. That is love right there. We have been besties since we were nine, blood buddies since were thirteen, now at twenty-three, roomies. We just needed a couple of cats and we were set for life.

"Yea. Let's go. I swear though! No more coconut rum! It does weird things to you, and makes me just plain weird." I laughed and helped her up at her words. Dance on one bar, kiss one girl, and you're branded for life.

At the club, I let the bass drive my body, the beats sway me. The club was hoppin' and I was enjoying the room. The DJ was surprisingly good, and the selection of male eye candy just as fun. The few drinks I had in me were enough to "loosen" me up, but not so much that I couldn't keep it in control. Hannah danced next to me, so the buddy system was still in check. What was the buddy system? You use each other's eyes to keep nasty surprises out of your drinks, and unless a code word was spoken, you didn't let them out of your sight. No matter what.