more than friends

Beginne am Anfang

"You're the worst." He grumbled, placing his hands on her hips. He traced them with his thumbs and smiled at her when she placed a finger on the bridge of his nose and dragged it down the length of it until she landed on his lips, much like her character in the movie did.

"You have nice lips. They're very soft." She said and traced them, following their shape with her fingertip.

"You would know." Bradley grinned and wiggled his brows at her, making her blush and pull her hand away.

She slapped his chest and pushed him a little, whining. "Stop! You're so annoying."

Bradley laughed and grabbed her hand, their fingers naturally interlocking. "You have very tiny hands."

"You just have huge hands." She shrugged. "You're much bigger than me."

"Back to calling me fat."

"I never called you fat! You called yourself fat." She gasped.

Bradley laughed and pushed some hair out of her face that fell when she leaned forwards a bit. "You're beautiful." He said, making her smile. Making Stefani smile was probably one of his biggest and most favorite accomplishments in his life so far. The thought of making something so extraordinary and beautiful happen left him baffled each time it took place.

"And you're extra charming today. What's up with that?" She teased, her breath almost fanning his face. They didn't even realize when they got this close, but also didn't want to pull away.

"I just think that you deserve to be complimented and I haven't done it enough." He shrugged. His eyes were locked on hers while they stayed close to each other, content in the moment. "I would really like to kiss you right now." He said after a while, breaking their silence that they used to analyze each other's faces like they always did. Every time felt like the first time.

Stefani placed her hands on his shoulders and let them travel around his neck while she softly traced the exposed skin. "What are you waiting for?" She whispered, leaning in closer.

Bradley grabbed her waist tighter and pushed his back away from the couch, touching her chest with his as his lips landed on hers in a soft but needy kiss. He gently tickled her sides with his fingers that traced them and Stefani pulled away with a giggle.

"That was weird." She said, but pressed her lips on his again, savoring his flavor once more.

"What do you mean?" He chuckled.

"What are we doing? Is this still professional?" She asked, smiling when his lips found hers again. Once they started, they couldn't stop anymore. It was like taking that first drag of a cigarette, addicting.

"We're way beyond professionalism, Stef." He laughed.

Stefani shrugged and gently massaged his shoulders. "Are we just going to go from here or go back to normal after this?" She asked.

"You think way too much and you also ask too many questions."

"I just don't want to get my hopes up."

Bradley quickly kissed her again, letting her feel how much he liked her. "You know I love you, Stef. And it's more than just friendly now." He admit to her, smiling when her face lit up again. "We're more than just friends, soulmates, remember?"

"Yes. Forever." She held her pinky finger out to her and smiled when he linked his pinky with hers in a promise.

"No matter what happens, we'll always be connected to each other." He paused. "So, let's go with this. See where it leads us and if it ends up being great, okay. If we end up not working out, it's okay too. I'll always love you." He smiled.

"Okay." She smiled, letting him kiss her again.

••••

"Can't believe you made a move on mom inside of a dressing room. What if someone would've walked in? What if grandma wanted to surprise visit you once again?" Claire asked, a horrified expression on her small face. She resembled Stefani so much, it was unbelievable.

Bradley chuckled. "Your mom made a move on me actually, she just keeps telling the story wrong."

Stefani gasped and threw a pillow at her husband. "Liar! You obviously had a crush on me first." She teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

Bradley threw the pillow back at her. "Now who's lying here? You couldn't keep your hands away from me!"

"And that's my cue to leave." 13 year old Claire placed her hands over her ears and got off the couch, laughing.

This was just the start to their little infinity together.

A short, cute one. It's been a while, I'm terrible at this updating thing and I apologize.