[ P R E S E N C E ]

Começar do início

"And where are you ladies goin'?" Steve was in the garage—fixing one of the cars that was somehow missing a motor—when he noticed Nat and Jali walking past them. He wore denim jeans with a fitted white tank top that was now dirty, a stained dark blue rag over his right shoulder, with sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Out," Nat popped her gum.

"Great explanation," Steve rolled his eyes, wiping his dirty hands before he turned around to lean against the front of the car.

"We'll be back, Steve," Nat pressed the button to unlock the sleek Audi that was pitch black with dark tinted windows.

Steve looked at Jali, who he surprisingly caught staring at him, he smirked boyishly, "Blink twice if Nat is holding you hostage."

"Steve," Nat scolded with a flat look on her face.

"What? She blinked," Steve laughs, shrugging his shoulders with his hands up in defense.

Jali bit her bottom lip, reframing from smiling, "I-I'll be fine," she stammered before rushing towards the car, getting in the passenger side fairly quickly.

"Awkward," Nat muttered underneath her breath before she slowly got into the car. She looked at Jali with a squinted look and then reached out to touch her cheek, the agent gasped dramatically, "You're face is insanely warm!"

"No it is not!" Jali objected as she slapped Nat's hand from her face, looking at the woman with an incredulous look.

"Liar!" Nat laughs.

"Nat, stop," Jali groaned with her hands covering her face—in which she realized that her face was kinda hot.

Nat grinned knowingly at her, "Boy, oh boy," she shook her head, chuckling breathlessly as she finally decided to start the car.

"Boy, oh boy—nothing!" Jali stressed.

"I'm gonna leave this alone," Nat finally pulled out of the garage, giving Steve a honk before she drove down the gravel road.

"Thank you," the other woman muttered, looking out the window.

Nat smirked because she knew that she wouldn't leave it alone. The whole situation was hilarious to say the least. She had a feeling that something was going on between the two of them but she never had actual proof that it was blooming between the two. But back at the garage gave her all the proof she needed.

The drive back to the city was less awkward when Nat decided to talk about something else, just so that Jali could get her mind off of what happened. Nat could sense that she was pretty tense so she decided to just change the atmosphere and the mood. So with Nat starting a conversation about something random made Jali feel more relaxed.

"It's not that common having mixed babies in Wakanda," Jali spoke. Nat and her were in a very small coffee shop back in the city. They sat in the very back, facing each other as they ate their sandwiches and sipped on their lemonade.

"Like..complexion?" Nat asked with a raised brow.

"No," Jali shook her head, "Black has a range of beautiful shades. But having an outsider and a Wakandan having a child is very taboo."

"Do you feel somewhat..left out?" The agent coughed, proceeding to question.

Jali felt that way since she was young. She never really got along with the other Wakandans and the status of her parents made her stick out like a sore thumb anyways, everybody knew about her, "At times I do, yes," she swallowed, nodding her head slowly.

"I kinda understand how you feel," Nat sighs. "To not know who you are...I get it."

"My mom is a Wakandan and so she is often looked down upon for having me. She still lives in Wakanda, but she broke her connection with me after I had my child. Again, kinda taboo to have a child with someone who isn't a Wakandan native," Jali shrugged with a bitter chuckle, shaking her head at the Wakandan traditions that made her and her family considered to be outsiders.

"And your father?" Nat questions.

"Disappeared when I was young," Jali easily tells her with a careless shrug.

"I never knew mine," Nat chimed in with a fake smile. "Men are trash."

"Tell me about it," Jali chuckles, "I guess our lives are kinda fucked up."

"At least I'm not alone," Nat chuckles as well, feeling a bit better discussing these sensitive topics with Jali. It felt so easy to talk to her and speak about their past without getting too emotional. She didn't want to admit just yet, but she found comfort in Jali.

"Cheers to that," Jali raised her glass of lemonade up, and linked it with Nat's glass before taking a sip.

Nat sipped on her lemonde as well, she stared at Jali and noticed how beautiful she was as her pretty lips wrapped around the straw. And as soon as Jali made eye contact with Nat, she immediately looked away and eventually began to choke on her drink.

"Shit, girl," Jali covered her mouth, she laughed a bit as she went over to pat Nat's back to make sure she was good. But unknowingly, rubbing Nat's back made it a bit worse.

"I-I'm fine," Nat coughs, eventually scooting back in her chair so Jali couldn't reach her. It was insane because she had butterflies swarming in her stomach, her face was hot, and she nearly choked to death by sipping on some lemonade. She tried to pull herself together but she made it worse.

"You sure? Damn," Jali lips broke out into a smile.

"Peachy," Nat finished up her coughing, rubbing her chest and exhaling she make sure she was okay.

Jali shook her head, giggling, "Did you choke on a ice?"

"Yes, that was it," Nat answered quickly, obviously lying.

"Alright, Natasha," Jali eyed her with a mischievous smile and with a brow up.

Nat decided not to say anything else. She couldn't even make eye contact with Jali because she knew that her facial expression was gonna give it all away, so she eyed her half eaten sandwich and rolled her lips inward. As for Jali she started smirking a bit because she knew exactly why Nat started choking on her drink, and honestly she was flattered that she caught the infamous agent staring at her.

-

so much has happened yall , sorry for the super late update but i'm finally 18 + i finally got to walk across the stage :) but hopefully i can keep the ball rolling and keep updating as much as i can !

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz