[ P R E S E N C E ]

It's been two months since Jali left the Avengers Facility and moved back to her apartment

It's been two months since Jali left the Avengers Facility and moved back to her apartment. Everything was back to normal again, besides the fact that she had become good friends with some of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Like Steve had told her that night in her apartment, she was apart of something and he actually meant that. She stayed in touch with everyone and even came over for dinner a few times. They accepted her into the team even though she was not an Avenger, but that didn't matter. She was still someone special and they were lucky enough to have her as a friend.

"So..how have you been holding up?" Asked Nat as she swung a punch towards Jali, who quickly dodged it and instead grabbed it, twisting her right arm behind her back. "Shit," the spy cursed.

"Besides the fact that I've been beating your ass? I guess I could say that I'm feeling pretty good, Natasha," Jali laughs breathlessly before letting go of the woman's arm and lightly pushing her away.

"You've been getting a lot better," Nat notes massaging her right shoulder. "At this point, you should be able to at least defend yourself."

"I really appreciate the trainings," Jali expressed with a soft smile. For the past couple of weeks Jali would go to the Avengers Facility and for hours she would get trained by Natasha. They had combat sessions where Nat would teach her the principles of martial arts and defensive fighting techniques. Surprisingly, it came really easy for Jali which was very shocking because she wasn't much of a fighter.

"Anything," Nat nodded. "Wanna go out and grab something to eat?" She asks taking off her gloves off and stuffing them in her back pockets of her leather pants.

"I thought Rocket was ordering pizza for lunch?" Jali recalls.

"Well, I thought we could get some girl-time, ya know?" Natasha suggested. "And plus, I'm kinda tired of eating pizza."

"Oh okay, I'm down," Jali agreed readjusting her ponytail.

"Great, I'll meet you in a garage in like thirty minutes. I gotta change out of these clothes, I know I'm drenched in sweat," Natasha chuckles, they both left the underground training court and headed upstairs.

"Same, I'll probably get spruced up too," Jali split ways with Nat and went back to her old room, in which they kept just in case she decided she wanted to come back. It was nice of them, but Jali couldn't make that commitment right now.

Jali has been feeling a lot better the past two months. It's been a very long time since she had invited people into her life again, especially after the fact that her daughter was taken away from her. Jali was more on the antisocial side and the only person closest to her heart was her daughter. Even after she disappeared Jali didn't know how it felt to feel genuine happiness again. But being at the Avenger's Facility with those amazing people brought her so much joy.

Taking a quick shower, Jali got dressed in some dark denim blue jeans and a fitted black long sleeve with some all-white sneakers on her feet. Dealing with her semi-blown-out natural hair, she decided to just slick it back into a very low ponytail. It wasn't much, but at least she looked presentable.