No, I don't think I am

Jess turns to Aaron, happy face falling to one of indifference.
"I'll catch up to you later, I can get one of the guys to drop me off."
Travis nods along, finding himself having more fun with Jess's old friends than he was with the group, which was surprising.
"Aphmau, you're coming with us. We have to talk. Come on, we're leaving." Aaron storms over, grabbing her wrist and trying to pull her with him.
"No, I don't think I am." She tries to yank her hand back, planting her feet and trying to not get pulled along. Adam stands up, standing next to her and glaring at him.
"She doesn't want to go with you!"
"Who do you think you are!?" Aaron snaps, "she's my girlfriend!"
"Aaron, if you don't let go of me I won't be very soon!"
He freezes, grip loosening enough for her to pull her hand back. Bruises form where his grip dug into her skin.
"I'm her friend, that's who I am. And I don't appreciate how you're treating her." Adam growls, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulder.
Aaron growls, rage filling his veins.
"Let's go, guys." Shelby steps forwards, taking Jess's unhurt wrist very lightly to pull her and Adam back to the group.
The group starts to walk away when Aaron runs forwards, about to attack Adam.
Ross, who was near the back of the group, turns around, his normally soft aqua eyes now a glowing red.
"Stay the fuck away from my friends." He growls lowly, stopping Aaron in his tracks. He tried to move but it was as if his brain wasn't his.
It was only after all of them had left and were out of sight that he was able to move, and became aware of the others trying to talk to him.
"What-what was that?" He looks at Lucinda, who closed her spellbook.
"A very powerful magic user, I guess. It took me a while to break the spell and it only finally worked when they weren't even here anymore."
"The squirrel-boy seemed so... Weak though?" Aaron shakes his head, "besides, why would Aphmau be friends with someone like that? She gets along fine with you, Lucinda, but other than that she avoids magic users."
Lucinda shrugs.
"Beats me. Let's go home. She has to come back eventually."

Jess sits in the car, wincing as Shelby prods her bruised wrist.
"Here," she lightly places her hand over the bruises. A bright light shines, and she removes her hand. The bruises are gone.
"Thanks, Shelby!" She grins, Shelby returning a smile.
Cory was driving, as he was just about the only one in the car who wasn't fuming. He was mad, of course, but he was very good at channeling that anger. That's why he reacted with super speed when a car came barreling past, stopping the car just in time to not get rammed into.
"AAH!" Shelby squealed, causing him to chuckle.
Ross clutched onto Max to keep him from flying forwards.

They made it back to the gang's place; they weren't staying in the hotel, of course, because as it turns out they've been living here for at least a year.
"I can't believe you guys were so close this whole time..." Jess says, trying to shake off the fear that Aaron had caused.
"Yeah! C'mon, Jess, I've got some dry cloths for you!" Shelby took her hand, leading her to her room. They looked through her closet, as they had in the old days, and gossiped quietly.
"So, you and Cory finally get together?"
Shelby turned bright red, holding up a bright orange tank top with a raised eyebrow. Jess shook her head, and Shelby shook her head too, throwing it back into the closet.
"No, he... He probably doesn't even like me in that way!" She holds out a pair of black shorts, which Jess nods at, Shelby agreeing and throwing it onto the bed.
"Oh, girl, come on! Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Jess holds out a pair of white shorts, and her and Shelby both nod, causing her to toss it onto the bed. Shelby shakes her head at Jess's comment, changing the subject.
"So... I guess you're dating Aaron, huh?" Jess shrugs at her.
"Eh... He asked me out and I didn't want to hurt his feelings... But I think I'm gonna end it. He... He's really protective and controlling..." She subconsciously rubs her wrist.
Shelby nods.
"You go, girl! You deserve better!" Holding up a black tank top, she looks to Jess for approval, which she receives.
They used to do this all the time, make outfits for each other and talk about whatever's been on their mind.