Chapter Seven: The Mission

Start from the beginning

"Why could you not inform the rest of us of this and form some sort of plan?" Jade presses.

That comment did it for Smoke. His fists clench as he approaches Jade in a speed walk.

"You treacherous murderous fool, my dagger will find your skull should you ever question me again," he comes face to face with her aggressively as Kitana and Li Mei approach.

"Smoke calm yourself, remember the mission," Li Mei says and gets between them, placing a hand on Smoke's arm, then turning Jade with fierce eyes. "We will continue to that furthest village below, by the time we reach it I predict evening will hit. We shall stay there until dawn and proceed from there," Li Mei finalizes.

Kitana pulls Jade back.

"Restraint Jade," Kitana whispers to her quietly.

"That is much better, someone else besides I who can think amongst this group," Jade eyes Smoke with vicious eyes as he returns a more threatening look.

"Try me not petty Edenian, I could always inform Raiden that your inevitable death was an...accident," he replies coldly.

Sub-Zero watches the situation before him unfold with a new understanding of who Smoke has become. He knew Smoke had drastically changed after Mileena's death, but he's become more than a mere assassin. Smoke has become cold blooded.

"Enough!" Kung Lao shouts. "We carry on with Li Mei's plans, put this feud out of your minds now!" he finishes.

Smoke slightly calms himself, then turns to Kung Lao with a nod as Li Mei walks forward, analyzing the villages in the distance below. Jade calms herself as well and everyone continues on toward Li Mei.

"We had best get this journey started...come," Li Mei announces, and they each follow her down the large hill with little to no conversation following.

IN CHAOS REALM

Mileena approaches a lone warrior sitting in a booth in the back of the bar, his feet propped up onto the table in front of him. His navy blue armored chest guard is outlined in red and a helmet that only guards his forehead and each side of his face displays on his head, made of the purest steel. He has deep blue trousers with a dark red front sash on, accompanied with armored gray boots and fingerless gloves. He looks upward at an approaching Mileena. His face distorts from the nose down, being replaced by his skull and traces of blood on his bones. His eyes are a light blue that is near white, and one is darker than the other.

Before Mileena reaches him, a Chaos Realmer approaches him with a sword, attempting to decapitate him. Without looking the cleric grabs the blade, cutting his hand in the process as he disarms the man of his weapon and tosses it upward low enough in the air to catch it again by its hilt. He impales his attacker with it speedily. The blade goes through the man's throat, utterly paralyzing and silencing him for good. His groans and sounds of choking on his own blood are not left unnoticed as he drops to the ground near them, dying almost instantaneously.

Havik keeps his eyes on Mileena who is now in front of his booth, Ashrah to her left. Mileena kicks the dead man on the ground to the side, and his blood slightly stains her gold and magenta heeled shoes. She pays no mind to it however and keeps her mind on the task at hand.

"Cleric of chaos, I have come to offer you something," Mileena says in slight joy and seduction on her voice.

He raises an eyebrow in slight intrigue.

"Speak your...intentions...and I may just spare you the shattering of your spine," he says in a calm yet somewhat threatening tone.

Mileena grins at his pathetic excuse of a threat.