chapter one

"Once upon a time, long, long ago

"Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so I thought. Hang on, you're about to meet us. But first this happened..."

In Auradon, At the Beast's castle, Prince Ben is looking at the Isle, too, through his window, staring thoughtfully at it as he's measured for a suit for his coronation due to him becoming king.

Lumiere, whom was his tailor was muttering to himself as he measures and said, "Sleeve. Head." The King and Queen of Auradon whom are known as The Beast/Adam and Belle entered the room

Adam said, "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Belle said, "He's turning sixteen, dear." Ben told his dad, "Hey, pops!" Adam said, "Sixteen! That's far too young to be crowned king! I didn't make a good decision until I was at least... 42."

Belle, looking offended, said "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Adam said, "It was either you or a teapot." Ben laughed and Adam said, "Kidding." Ben, looking more serious, said "Mom, Dad..." He attempted to step forward, but Lumiere was trying to measure Ben's ankle and said "Ah! Mm-mm."

Ben sighed and stayed put as he said, "I've chosen my first official proclamation." Adam and Belle became visibly excited to hear their son's first proclamation. Ben told them, "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Everyone in the room either whimpered as Belle dropped one of Ben's suit. Ben said, "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." He stepped forward, leaving Lumiere sitting on the floor looking mildly depressed.

Adam was beginning to look angry as he said, "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" Ben told him, "We start out with a few at first, only ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them."

Adam said, "Have you?" He stepped forward ominously, but Belle put her hand on his arm in a placating sort of way and she said, "I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?"

Ben slowly, pausing after each name, said "Cruella de Vil... Jafar... the Evil Queen...Maleficent...... and the Chernabog." Lumiere gave a big scream and ran out of the room due to hearing Chernabog's name. Adam became visibly angry.

"The Chernabog?! He is the worst villain in the land! He's known as satan!" Ben said, "Dad, just hear me out here!" Adam said, "I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes. Mostly him!" Ben said, "Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"