VIII

Skylar's POV

More and more school was weird. I wasn't against this whole popular thing, but it wasn't my favorite thing either. Attention is not my cup of tea. Just knowing that people talk about you even when you've done nothing is weird. I heard a group of girls just discussing my lunch one day, it's seriously odd.

"It's not a surprise that the new girl is friends with them. She's been hanging around with them pretty often. I heard they're part of the group now." The hallways were extra noisy today. Something just felt wrong. The day was weird ever since I woke up. I have this bad feeling that I am trying my best to ignore, but I know something's up.

"Are you hearing all of this?" I looked at Sarah confused. The amounts of rumors I hear through the halls about my family is normal. As normal as it could be atleast. It's just the rumors weren't about Sarah or me. They're about Charli and Dixie. They're still new. They haven't done anything bad or good or at all really. 

I really like the two and I'm glad Alex and Kiyara gave them a chance. Charli is super nice and it's just unlike my siblings to welcome new kids. They stick with the popular crowd, but I'm open to change more than they are.

"I'm trying to ignore it." Sarah rolled her eyes as we walked to my locker. Something was really off about her too. I planned on asking, but not in the hall. If anyone hears me say the word wrong they'll make up a thousand stories.

"I bet she's not even a virgin like the other two." Surely I heard that wrong.

"What the hell did you just say?!" Sarah turned and snapped at the girl who made the last comment. I've never seen her like this so even I took a step back.

"We all know you're not a virgin. You're body count is atleast five at this point. I doubt your friend is a virgin either." My jaw dropped. What the hell is happening? Since when did anybody just start shit? I am a virgin. Why would this random girl think that?!

"Say whatever you want about me, but Skylar hasn't done shit! I haven't done anything either, but what would you know?" Sarah took a step closer, but thank god Claudia showed up.

"What's going on here?" Claudia, Charli, Alex (French), and Bella walked up confused.

"Sarah?" Claudia had a serious look on her face and Sarah seemed to hold eye contact. What is she hiding and what is Claudia trying to protect?

"Let's go...she'll get what she deserves." Claudia pulled her captain away. Reputation and shit really ruins their chances of standing up for themselves. It's utter bullshit what they have to go through.

"You're seriously just going to walk away from that? Sarah seriously what the hell she's going to humiliate you like that and you just walk away from those lies?" I looked at her and my heart broke at the look in her eyes.

"It wasn't lie?" I didn't want to say that I was disappointed. I was though. I thought maybe she had changed. The only thing that changed was her body count. I shook my head and rushed away. Just when I thought we were getting to know each other she was back to what I ended our friendship over.