VI

Charli's POV

"Wow, this house is really nice." I looked as we pulled into a long driveway.

"I talked to a few other kids not connected to the Smith family. Their mom died when they were young and apparently they got a lot of money out of some lawsuit, but their dad also makes bank. I don't know I feel about all of them yet. Kiyara seems really chill though. Alex seems a little closed off."

"Did they tell you anything about Sarah Sales and Skylar by any chance?"

"They used to be really good friends, sisters practically then apparently Sarah grew up faster and they didn't talk until this year again."

"They seem really close. Claudia, Sarah's friend seems really nice."

"She's not." Dixie shook her head with a small frown on her face. "I'd rather you try to hangout with Sarah and Skylar more. I heard Claudia isn't the nicest girl. I don't want you to get into trouble with her."

"Okay..." We followed Kiyara inside through the mansion up to a large game room. Alex and her boyfriend were in there along with Cam and his girlfriend, and three other girls.

"Incase you haven't met her this is my second youngest sister, Bella and her friends Keeley and Sophi. That's Cam and Alyhssa, Alex and Servando, and where is Skylar?"

"Her room with Sarah..." Alex locked her phone and put it in her pocket to give her full attention to Kiyara. "How'd the first day go for you two?"

"People kept asking how we knew you all."

"Yeah, typical. It'll be like that for awhile. Not to be annoying or arrogant, but for whatever reason we're a big deal at the school."

"Whatever reason? Really Alex? We throw the biggest parties, you're captain of the five year undefeated soccer team, Bella is a Captain of the cheer team, Cam is famous tik toker, and I'm just a really fun person at parties."

"Every guy likes you in our grade." Dixie laughed at Kiyara and I looked around curiously. They had really nice cars. They had a huge house. They were really rich, so what happened to their mom and what does their dad do for a living?

"Charli?"

"Huh, yea?"

"Did you meet many new people?" Alex smiled at me and I shook my head. "I really only talked to Sarah, Claudia, and Skylar."

"You'll meet a lot of new people soon. We're having a party here next Friday, because our dad is out of town for buisness."

"How big do these parties get?"

"At least half the school. Some outsiders too."

My eyes widened at the thought. Connecticut was definitely not like this. At least not our private school. This town seemed so small, but you would think it's L.A. or something with the size of the houses and the money these people had.

"That's big..."

"Don't worry, it's not insanely overwhelming. Just go upstairs if it gets to be too much. We only let certain people up there."

"What do you mean by some outsiders?"

"Public school kids. The city kids. Whichever you choose. Most kids from our school don't talk to other school's kids. The school is snobby, no doubt you didn't catch that."

"Your family isn't though. You're really wealthy, but you don't seem to act any different."

"We don't have anything to prove, besides our family knows what's more important. Once you lose a family member you realize what's really important. You understand a life is more than money." Alex scratched the back of her neck and let out a deep sigh. The topic of their mom really seemed hard for them to talk about still. I thought they lost her when they were young.