25. Questions, Helplessness and Hurt

“Hello guys

So now starts the real fun. We are beginning our travel on Manali-Leh highway today. The views that you are going to encounter are one of the most beautiful sights that you would have ever seen and I can promise, they are going to stay in your memories forever.”

Arjun briefed about the day’s plan for the ride and everyone started gearing up for the journey for the day.

“Wear this jacket for God sake Shehnaz. It will keep you warm”

“Mera mann nahi hai”, giggled Shehnaz. She decided to irritate him a little as it was her favourite pass time.

“Shehnaz mujhe please irritate mat karo. Its for your own good. You don’t want to fell ill especially in your dream journey. Right?”

“Thik hai pehen leti hu but pehle Please bol”, she couldn’t stop chuckling.

“Please Maate…..kripya aap ye jacket pehen lein”, he said folding his hands and bowing down his head in front of her.

She burst out into laughter and pecked his cheek, “I love you”

While she wore the jacket, Arjun came towards them and accompanying him was a girl. Five feet ten, willowy and a face cut right from the pages of the magazine Vogue. Soft golden hair locks, fair skin, toned body and voluptuous curves. Her walk resembled to top models of the Runway and her aura radiated how practised she was at seduction.

“Hey Sidharth and Shehnaz, this is Sanaya. She is joining today and she has a knack of adventure. She has done almost all types of adventure sports. From bungee jumping to Skiing to Scuba diving to Rock climbing to paragliding and what not. You name it and she has done it. This is her second year that she is going on Ladakh bike trip with my group. She is almost crazy. I thought of getting her acquainted with you all.”

“Ohh vow…that is mind blowing”

Sidharth didn’t just say those words but he said it like he meant it. His mind was actually blown by the names and number of adventure sports this girl had tried. This didn’t go unnoticed by Shehnaz and she definitely felt a churning in her stomach. Though she didn’t even meet this girl but she kind of developed an inherent feeling of disgust towards her.

“Sidharth Shukla. I have heard about you Mr. Unbeatable Lawyer”, she had her eyes lit up as she met Sidharth. As they both shook hands, she held his hand like she didn’t want it to ever let go. Her hand in his and her lingering gaze on Sidharth which reflected a craving was enough to put Shehnaz off. The same instant Shehnaz knew, she hated her. As she went on to meet Shehnaz, she was given a very cold welcome by her.

“So why not you drive and I be your pillion rider. It would be fun and we will get to know each other”, said Sanaya. Her offer made Shehnaz give her a death stare. There was an unknown tension building up between the two girls which didn’t escape Sidharth’s eye.

“I am sorry but I already have a partner”, he said trying to pacify an outraged Shehnaz. She looked at Sidharth for a moment giving a slight smile and then a smug look to Sanaya.

“Change is the only constant in life. Try some change baby”, she winked at Sidharth, pissing Shehnaz even more.

This encounter was getting out of hands, knew Sidharth. Before this girl wreaks havoc in his life like some uncalled for hurricane, he decided to shut her off for once.

“We change things that we don’t like.  Some things are meant to be with us forever and only foolish people will ever let go such blessings from their lives”, he said eyeing Shehnaz making her smile shyly. What is better than your person accepting that you are their blessing? Shehnaz felt contentment at her heart as though Sidharth never openly expressed what he felt for her but his subtle ways of expression made it even more charming and enigmatic.