3. What is this man?

Sidharth was briskly moving out of the office and Shehnaz was following him quietly. She was intimidated of this person whom she had a crush on till yesterday. He was nothing like she imagined. Except his face, she knew nothing of him. He was a complete stranger.

Sidharth sat on the backseat of his black BMW. Shehnaz was confused now, where she was supposed to sit. She was uncomfortable sitting besides a driver on the passenger seat. Sidharth is a gentleman, she thought, he would never want me to sit alongside the driver. So, as she was just about to sit on the backseat beside Sidharth, he interrupted her.

Sid (in a terse tone): What do you think you are doing?

Sana: Yes Sir, I mean I don't understand Sir.

Sid: Do you think you will sit beside me?

Sana: Haan? (Taken by surprise)

Sid: what? You are a mere secretary and don't you have these much etiquettes and manners to know that employees should not sit with their bosses without permission. (His voice and expressions reflected nothing but rudeness)

Sana: I am sorry sir (She had tears started welling up in her eyes)

Sid: You better be (bit satisfied with her apology)

Sid: Go and sit in the front

She closed the door of the backseat. As she settled down beside the driver and he started driving the car, Sana's mind was clouded by thoughts. She never expected such a humiliation at the hands of a person she admired the most. This man doesn't even know how to talk to a girl, she thought. He was such disrespectful towards her without any reason. The person she considered to be a gentleman was nowhere near the concept of being gentle. She was cursing herself now for what opinion she held of him while what he actually was.

Sidharth sat behind her seat in the car so that he could see reflection of her face in the rear view mirror of the car. He knew she was upset because of him and he also knew what he did was wrong but it was necessary. He couldn't be all soft and gentle towards her even though he badly wanted to. She was his trainee and whatever he was doing was a part of her training. She had to learn to think practically and not get trapped into her emotions.

************

Client's office:

Shehnaz was sitting in the corner of the office taking down notes while Sidharth discussed the details of the case with the client.

Client: Mr. Shukla, all the top lawyers have denied from taking up this case. They think there is no hope left in this case.

Sid: Don't worry, that's what I like. Taking up the cases that others dread to take up. Flowing with the current is easy, anyone can do that but flowing against the current is exciting. Excitement is what makes me feel alive.

Shehnaz was completely in awe of this man. It was his never say die attitude that she was most attracted to. His appetite for victory was insatiable and that's what was irresistible for her.

As soon as they finished the meeting, they started to leave and entered the elevator. While Shehnaz was standing quitely in one corner, she dared not speak because the memories of the humiliation she suffered in the morning were still fresh in her mind and Sidharth was leaning on the back wall of the elevator. He started checking her out sneakily.

She indeed is beautiful, he thought. Her little chubby figure, her fair skin, perfectly round curves made her look cute and hot at the same time. Her slender neck was inviting, her long hair put up in pony tail made him want to ruffle and pull them. Her fragrance was driving him insane. Her lucious lips covered with a baby pink colour were tempting to him. He wanted to just smash his lips onto hers and suck them like a thirsty man would drink every single drop of water available. His thoughts about her were turning him on when he felt some hardness underneath his pants. To distract his mind, he striked a conversation with Shehnaz.

Sid: So, how did you think of becoming a criminal lawyer?

Shehnaz became thrilled at the thought that he wanted to know more about her. She became excited and started blabbering.

Sana: I wanted to become a lawyer since I was 15. I always saw in movies how bad lawyers would put innocent people behind the bars just for the sake of money. I want to help such poor people who can't afford legal aid but are innocent. I think putting criminals away is the best way to serve the society.

Before she could not even complete her answer and Sidharth burst out into laughter. He was laughing so hard that his stomach started aching and his eyes were filled with tears, While Shehnaz just stood there watching him in astonishment. She was telling him about her inspiration that encouraged her to take up this profession and this man in front of her was making it sound as if she has cracked some joke. Just then the elevator door opened.

Sid (trying hard to control his laugh): you got to learn a lot of things baby doll.

While saying this he softly slapped her cheek and gave an evil smirk. Shehnaz looked at him moving out of the elevator dumbfounded. Did he call me baby, she thought. This man was no less than a mystery to her. At one instance he was so rude and brutal and at other instance so tender and gentle. What is this man?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's Note:

Hello readers, thanks for you encouraging comments and votes. Your response is what keeps me going.

So, how was this part? What do you feel about this hot and cold behavior of Sidharth towards Shehnaz.

Please drop your comments and votes if you like it.