5. Game is on!!

Shehnaz finished up writing the report. It was already 6 am by that time. She quietly opened the door of Sidharth's cabin and sneaked in and placed the report on his table. While she was about to leave, her eyes landed on the couch where Sidharth was sleeping shirtless!!

Her heart missed a beat, she went close to the couch to have a better look as seeing Sidharth sleeping like this was no less than a treat to watch. His thick, lustrous, dark brown hair invited her to ruffle her hand through them. His muscular chest and perfectly shaped abs were enough to give an idea of how ferocious he is, his perfect lips were ripe for kissing. His warm and toned body with strong arms could make any girl feel secure in its embrace. She extended her hand and just when she was about to touch his cheeks, he woke up and was completely shocked.

Sid: What are you doing? Are you alright?

Shehnaz got scared as if police had caught her red handed committing a crime. Her heart pounded and her stomach clenched in fear.

Sana: I am.....I am sorry Sir. Vo main bass report rakhne aayi thi.

She didn't even wait for him to say something. She immediately ran out of the door fearing to even look back at him while Sidharth giggled as she left. What is this girl even? She scared the hell out of me, he thought.

Sidharth put on his shirt and began reading her report and he was quite impressed. She had brought a new perspective of looking at evidences and facts.

Sid's thoughts:
She is witty for sure. A perfect example of beauty with brains. She is not just a pretty face but also sagacious. No wonder she is the topper of her batch.
(He smiled to himself)

************

6:00 pm
Sidharth's office

Asim: Wow man! What a hearing! Who could imagine you prepared for it in few hours. The prosecutor stood like a dumb man looking to hide his face. He had no answers to your arguments. Even the judge was smiling, seeing him speechless.

Sid: yeah, that's the forte of Sidharth Shukla (with a pride on his face)

Asim: But Sidharth, I talked to Ayesha this morning. She actually forgot to pass on the message to Sana. It was a misunderstanding, sana ka koi fault nhi hai isme.

Sid: Sana?

Asim: Arre I mean Shehnaz. Sana uska nickname hai. Uske friends usey pyaar se sana bulate hain.

Sid: Hainn? Tu kabse uska friend bann gaya be? (Looking with questioning eyes)

Asim (fumbling): I mean yes we talk sometimes and we have begun to share a good rapport. She is a very nice girl yaar and damn intelligent, I must say.

Sid: Hmm... Intelligent to hai. I saw her report in the morning. She is not just book smart, she definitely have brains.

Asim: See, I told you. Better promote her to the post of trainee.

Sid: Not yet Asim, not yet. Abhi usme time hai.

Asim (disappointed): chalo, take your time. I'll take a leave for now.

Asim left the cabin and Sidharth was mentally face palming himself for being so harsh and rude with her. Also, he felt a bit uncomfortable with the idea of brewing friendship between Asim and Shehnaz. Though, Asim is a good person, he knew Asim for many years now and he was sure he can take a good care of Shehnaz but still he was feeling restless.