7. First Date

Night weaves in a sort of magic to the air of Mumbai and what happens when this magic is accentuated with the magic of love. With twinkling lights enhancing the beauty of night in the city of dreams and becoming witness to the blossoming of a new bonding between two people who were strangers till few days back.

Sidharth opened the door of the passenger seat of his rented Mercedes Benz as they visited the Gateway of India. Overlooking the Arabian sea, the popularity of the destination was quite clear by the crowd gathered there. Seeing the families getting their pictures clicked by the professional photographers, Shehnaz became excited and insisted Sidharth to get one clicked. She wanted to keep this memory with her forever and what was better than capturing this moment in a photo. He was reluctant at first but at her behest, he gave in to her demand. The photographer immediately took a print out of the photo and handed it over to Shehnaz and her happiness knew no bounds. She was on cloud nine but Sidharth acted indifferent. He didn't even had once glance of the photo even on Shehnaz' repeated requests. Shehnaz was diappointed by Sidharth's indifference and made it quite evident by making a cute pout and rolling her eyes at Sidharth.

Since, it had been a long day and they skipped the meal in the afternoon, so they decided to have dinner before further executing their plans. Sidharth pulled the breaks of the car in front of Taj Mahal Palace and asked shehnaz to go inside while he would  join her later after getting the car parked. Shehnaz followed his orders. Just when she left, Sidharth grabbed the opportunity to glance at the picture they just clicked as it was lying in Shehnaz' bag. His lips curved into a sweet smile and he quickly clicked a picture of that photo in his phone. Later Sidharth joined Shehnaz for dinner.

Sana: where were you?

Sid: Nothing, I had to pick up an urgent call. (He said covering up the truth)

They had a delicious dinner to satisfy their appetite. The dinner was even more scrumptious and savoury. Was it because they were hungry or was it because of the company they were enjoying, they didn't know. They kept on chatting throughout the dinner discussing about each other's life and interests. It was their first shot trying to know each other beyond their professional veneer.

After having the luscious meal, they travelled along the marine drive. Shehnaz pulled the window of the car down so that she could feel the cool breeze stroking her face and seeing her happy brought a serenity in him. The noise of the waves hitting the rocks was a music to the ears. They both took a walk on the top of the concrete wall and later sat down cross legged with their faces towards the sea. The reflection of the moon in the water enhanced the beauty of an already beautiful night. The moonshine in that wavy water was a soothing sight for the eyes. They both sat quietly. Nobody uttered a word, they were just enjoying the silence of that night that was occasionally broken by waves hitting the rocks.

Beach is where Shehnaz wanted to visit, Sidharth remembered from their conversation before. So they went to the Chowpatty beach. It was already midnight and the beach was almost quiet and secluded with only few couples sitting near the shore. Shehnaz sat down on the sand, but Sidharth grabbed her hand and gestured her to get up.

Sid: Itni jaldi thak gayi?

Sana: Nahi toh. Shehnaz Kaur Gill thakti nhi, Punjab ki jatti hu main.

Shehnaz' cute antic earned a chuckle from Sidharth. He held her hand and both started taking a stroll on the beach and walking towards the sea.

Sana: Ruk Ruk Sidharth, main aage nhi jaa sakti.

Sid: Kyu? Kya hua?

Sana: Mujhe paani se darr lagta hai aur yaha par to itna saara paani hai, main doob gyi toh?