Chapter 4: Cry.

August Alsina:

12:00 am. Sunday.

I laid in my bed starin' at da' fan spin around and around. Gettin' faster each time.

There was a knock on my room door. I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration.

"Bianca, I already told ya--"

"It's me Aug." My mama came in and sat at the foot of my bed. I sat up and laid my head on the headboard.

"How you feelin' baybeh?" She asked. I closed my eyes. "Like shit." I answered honestly.

"Watch your mouth boy. But, just don't think about it."

I opened my eyes and frowned at her.

"How am I not supposed to think about it mama? You know you wanna cry too. That's ya son that got killed out there yesterday! Bianca and Katrina are scared to walk the streets at night because of what happened! None of us can stop thinkin' 'bout it! That's our brotha' that got killed!"

I started cryin'. "Aug baybeh, stop." She whispered bringin' me in ha embrace.

We shared a tight hug and I felt her warm tears wet my shirt as mine wet hers.

Chris Brown:

"What do you mean she's gone?" I yelled at my mama. "Last time I seen her was before she got in the tub. She's not answering her phone either." She shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Mama, what the fuck is wrong with you?! You act like you just don't care! This is your daughter we talking about and yo ass don't care!"

"Aye, Chris watch how you talk to your mother. Talk to her with some respect." I snapped my head in Charles' direction and glared at him.

"Nigga, who the fuck is you? I don't remember you being my daddy. And I'm talking to my damn mama not you so, stay out this damn conversation."

He chuckled.

"Rochelle, get your youngsta." He told my mama. I walked up to him.

"What the hell she gone do? I'm a grown ass man my mama don't control me!" I stepped back and headed for the door.

"All I know is, y'all better find my damn sister."

Tinashe Kachingwe:

I sat on the bench with my knees to my chest shivering.

I had a jacket but it wasn't thick enough.

I was starving but I didn't have any food and there wasn't any stores nearby.

I could always go back home but I wasn't wanted there. For all I know, Charles could rape me again and my mom wouldn't even care. She'd probably watch him do it.

I rubbed my arms trying to get a little warm. It was no use. I sighed and just laid back down on the bench. Shutting my eyes tight trynna go back to sleep.

3:00 am.
August Alsina:

I sat Inna kitchen chair waitin' on my Mama to come back.

Where in da hell was she anyway. Leavin' at 12 and she still wasn't back yet.

The front door opened and she turned on the kitchen light quickly countin' money.

I cleared my throat and she looked up.

She tried to hide the money and smiled. "August, baybeh why are you up? You got sch--"

"Save the bullshit mama. Where ya been?" I stood up and started walkin' to her.

I snatched the money from behind her.

"August Anthony Alsina, give me--" "Where did you get this money? 20's, 50's, 100's mama?" I sighed and sat the money on the table.

"Please don't tell me you doin' what I think ya doin' mama.."

She threw her hands up and walked past me grabbin' her money.

I followed her. "Dammit, August, it ain't none of your damn business where I got this money from! I'm grown! You are my son I should be askin' you all da questions. Never question me!" She shouted.

I chuckled.

"Now I know. You cookin' every day. Always leavin' at 12 and comin' back at 3. You ain't busy worryin' about Mel because you out there sellin' your damn goodies for these men! Ya damn slut." I laughed a little.

"I can't believe you mama." I continued to laugh until she slapped me.

"You will neva' eva' disrespect me like that again!"

"You think I wanna do this Aug? Huh? I'm doin' this for you and your sisters to have somethin' to eat every day! We ain't like all them Lil rich kids at yo damn school! We are strugglin' August! And this the only way I can put food on the table each and every day! It ain't easy and it doesn't get easy. It gets harder and harder August. You need to understand that."

"Mama, I do understand that. But, when you go out each and everynight sellin' ya body ta strangas, how you think I feel? I can't even look at you da same anymore. You want Trina and B growin' up doin' that shit? I don't! Mama, you don't have you worry about us strugglin' anymore. I'm the man of the family. Imma get us this money. Just watch and see."

I opened the door and walked out.

"Aug, where you goin'?" She followed me. "Get back in da house mama." I kept walkin'.

"August! August!"

"Get back in da house!" I slammed the car door shut and quickly drove off.

...............................

"Here. Meet us at the warehouse." JD replied throwin' da money at my chest as I sat in my brotha car.

"Aight." I nodded.

................................

I got out and walked straight into da warehouse. "Aye, Aug. We heard about Mel. We sorry bruh. One of our own was killed--" "Save da bullshit Marcus." I mumbled and keep walkin' until I met JD's office.

I knocked onna door and his wife answered it naked.

"Hello, Master August. My husband will be with you in a moment. Have a seat." She moved to da side.

I swear she sound like a machine.

I walked into his office and saw lots of girls sittin' down naked but when I saw one of them I immediately grew angry.

"Tinashe?"