She lifted her stuff from the shopping basket and put them on the counter. He said goodbye to the elderly woman in front of her before he turned to face her. He immediately started scanning her products as soon as the elderly woman left.

"Good morning," he greeted her

"It is now," she smirked

He finished scanning her products, "That'll be $12"

She opened up her purse, making frustrating sounds as she pretended to search for the money. She kept taking glances at him to see his reactions but she might as well not be doing anything at all; he didn't even flinch. Finally having 'found' it, she handed it over to the cashier.

He didn't say another word until he handed her back her change, "You must be the infamous Katherine"

--------------------

"Nope. He rejected her; it damaged her ego," they laughed

"Bekah once took a two-month trip to Spain and only told us that she'd left through a note"

------------------

"Bekah!" a shout rang from the other side of the house

The shouts got louder as Kol stormed into the living room.

"Have you seen Bekah?" he asked Elijah and Klaus the only two who were home at that time

"Wherever could you look? Did you try her room?" Klaus asked, rolling his eyes

"Of course I did, who do you take me for?"

Elijah, sensing another petty argument about to arise, decided to step in, "Did you try mother's room? You know how much Bekah likes to borrow mother's jewellery?"

"And that's why they call him the helpful brother," Kol taunted

The only sounds then in the house were the clambering of Kol's feet up the staircase and down the hallways.

"I know you're in there, Bekah. I'm going to give you until the count of ten"

There was still no movement after his countdown so he threw open the bedroom door.

"Where are you hiding?"

All of a sudden, he spotted an envelope perched on his mother's vanity table in between the perfume bottles to keep it upright. Written in Rebekah's cursive writing was the word 'Mum.' Kol grabbed the envelope and tore it open.

"Nik! Lijah!" he then shouted, followed by the sounds of feet hitting the floorboards.

"What's wrong, brother?" Klaus asked

Kol just handed the envelope to his elder brothers, not speaking until they both finished the letter.

Mother, I'm sorry that I had to write this in a letter but I knew that you wouldn't let me go if you knew beforehand but Alexander is taking me on a surprise holiday. I'm not sure how long or where I'm going but I'll let you know. I love him. I really do. And he genuinely cares for me. I hope you won't be too cross or worried but Alexander's here and he'll look after me. Can you please ensure that Nik doesn't try to track us down and strangle Alexander? Many thanks.

P.S. Please tell Kol thanks for his gift, I'll try not to spend too much of his money but we'll see. Tell him to think of it as payback for crashing my car.