Chapter 6 - Damon Comforts, The Teacher and Student Hang Out

ابدأ من البداية

He puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me in to his chest. "My sweet sweet Caroline." He mumbles as he plays with my hair.

"What are you doing?" I ask him feeling confused as I pull away a little, brief hugs I'm used to.

But that was a weird hug thing.

"Comforting you or something. I don't know, I'm not good at this." Damon says with a huff as he waves his other hand.

"Don't kill Alaric" I tell him then.

He huffs and chuckles a little "I'm comforting you and you talk about another man."

I chuckle but then say seriously "Damon, we're friends not dating. But nah, he's the new teach. His wife was Isobel, you turned her when she asked but he thinks you killed her. I'd rather your drinking buddy remain sane and not become a psycho."

He hums and then shrugs "you do know I could torture you for information or something."

I nod "but you also know that I'd never tell you then."

"True" he sighs "and I like you, it's weird."

"Did you take the crystal?" I ask him, hoping he didn't lie before.

"No" he pouts "but I suppose you have a plan?" He asks me curiously.

I nod and smile brightly at him "Yup. I do."

Then I seriously add "though she's not there ya know."

His head snaps towards mine, his face vamped out and angry as he grabs my neck and pushes me into the bed, his body on top of mine making me incredibly uncomfortable at his close proximity.

"She has to be, SHE HAS TO BE." He says with a snarl before he suddenly gets off of me, he begins pacing pissed off "I can't even fucking hurt you." He snarls out as he glares at me as i slowly sit up and watch him silently.

He left quickly after that and I didn't have time to tell him that I'd help him dig up the witch book he'll need.
——————————————————————
The Grill

I needed to get out, not really to socialize but to just be out, my body's mom wasn't home at the moment of course.

As I walked in I saw Alaric sitting all alone and so I figured that we can be alone together. I sit beside him but didn't talk and just ordered a water.

"Not gonna try to get a beer or something?" He asks me curiously, glancing at me briefly before going back to nursing his drink.

"I don't like alcohol much." I say with a frown, my eyes focused on the counter before me. I didn't expect him to talk to me when I sat here.

I just wanted to not feel alone while being alone.

Alaric hums in contemplation "Why? I thought all high schoolers loved alcohol."

I shrug "I don't mind a Mikes Hard Lemonade or bit of other drinks but even then it's best I don't." I reply back.

"I heard you used to be a cheerleader." Alaric says off handedly after taking another drink.

"I guess." I say with a frown.

Then he adds "it's interesting how according to people at school your personality did a full 180•."

"That's also none of your business Satlzman." I say blandly as I go to get up, he grabs my arm I instinctively throw my fist out to punch him in the face.

But he catches it and chuckles a bit before he lets my fist go "At least I know that you're not completely defenseless out there Forbes." He was testing me. "Be here tomorrow night?" He asks me curiously.

I shrug and sigh, then pout "I don't know, the only one I really spend time with is that guy there." I tell him as I gesture towards Damon.

"Seems dangerous." Alaric mutters as he looks at Damon, just in time for Damon to glance between me and him with a confused frown before going back to playing with his brother.

I chuckle and then sigh again "maybe it is, but I still trust him."

"Boyfriend?" Alaric asks, probing for information.

"No, just a friend." I say with a small smile at Alaric.

"The way he keeps glancing over here I would've thought he was your boyfriend." Alaric says with a frown.

"Protective friend." I say with a small laugh "I might see you tomorrow Saltzman." I tell him as I head out the door.
————————————————————
Forbes Residence

I was settling down for bed when Damon arrived through my window, I sit up curiously.

"What is it?" I ask him confused as he shifts from foot to foot. "Are you going to kill me now?" I ask him with a tilt of my head curious.

"NO" he says sounding surprised by the question.

I nod with a frown "oh."

"Oh? That's it? Just oh?" Damon says frustrated. "I wanted to make sure you go home safe, you practically had that Alaric guy all over you and we both know you've never been with anybody before."

I chuckle "he's a teacher Damon, he was polite and not like that."

"Oh please, even I want to." Damon turns away and sighs "I want you to be careful."

"What about the Katherine thing?" I ask curiously.

"I'm still wanting to open the tomb and I want your help. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you." Damon says seriously as he looks me in the eyes worriedly.

"I'll help, you'll need the witchy book anyways." I say with a shrug. "and I know where it is."

Damon nods "and you'll tell me, I know you will."

"Will you kill me once you see she's not in there?" I ask him curiously.

Damon shakes his head with a frown "no, I don't want to kill you even if she is in there Care." He sighs and adds "I do need to leave though, I'll check up on you tomorrow." He says as he leaves through the window.
———————————————————————-