5. Telling Them The Truth

We were sitting in Mack's bedroom while Lela talked about how amazing everything was.

"Guys, I never knew I could be so happy. I mean, I love it all, the challenging classes, the interesting conversations, the flavored lip gloss. I mean, really. Triple vanilla kiwi berry? I never even knew there was more than one vanilla" Lela said happily holding up a lip gloss. She pointed to the closet. "Can I..." She asked.

"Yeah" Mack said. Lela went into the closet to try on some more clothes.

"Uh, Lela, here's the thing. Our world isn't really all that great. Oh, there's finals, and taxes, and global warming, and hangnails, and public restrooms. You really had it good back in your world" I said.

"You don't have to worry about your future or picking the right college. You have a boy that loves you" Mack said.

"You have a boy that loves you" Lela and I said. I was trying to convince Lela to stay, but I was confused that Mack said something like that when her and Brady are happy together...right? "Right? And you want more than that, right? You want to live life to the fullest. I want that, too" Lela said.

"But, Lela, being with the right person can actually make life more full.MIf you have the same passion, the same drive. Or, maybe that doesn't help at all. You know, maybe he just has to respect your passion and not keep secrets from you and get weird when you're busy. I... I don't know. It's all pretty confusing here, which is why you should go home" Mack said. Okay there is definitely something happening between her and Mack.

Lela walked out of the closet and Mack and I noticed something different. The clothes didn't change into a 1960's style. It was our time.

"What? What's wrong?" Lela asked.

"You look normal" I said.

"Oh" Lela said. I called Brady quickly to tell him about what had happened.

"Hello?" Brady said?

"It's Y/N" I said. I began to explain what happened and he came over. Tanner and Seacat were with him.

"Lela, you look like furture Lela. Groovy. Super groovy" Tanner complimented.

"No, not groovy at all, actually. Very ungroovy. She's not supposed to be able to look modern" Brady said.

"Smile" I said to Tanner and Seacat. They smiled and their teeth didn't do that sparkle thing like usual

"No shining teeth pang!" I said in alarm. Mack grabbed Seacat, Tanner, and Lela. She dragged them outside and under the water shooting thing.

"What are you doing?" Seacat asked. She turned the water on and their hair was getting wet!

"Look. Wet" Mack said.

"What's happening? What are... what is... why is my hair so squishy and limp?" Tanner asked in disgust.

"I don't understand! What is this feeling?" Lela asked confused.

"Brady, do you understand what's happening the whole essence of who they are is changing. They could be stuck here forever, or the whole fabric of our reality could just rip open" Mack said worriedly.

"We gotta get them back" Brady said.

"Well, maybe we should just tell them where they're from, what they do?" Brady said.

"Are we worried what that might do to them?" I asked.

"Well, we're running out of options, Y/N" Brady said.

"Lela, Tanner, Seacat. You're just made-up characters from a movie. You are not real" Mack said. Wow...could have done that a little softer.

"Huh?" Lela asked.

"Maybe I would've eased it into them a little more gently" Mack said in realization.

"But, uh, a movie? I don't understand" Seacat said.

"Here. Look at this" Brady said pulling out a tablet and played their movie.

"Hey, it's us, doing...Things we usually do" Tanner said in confusion.

'You guys are from an imaginary world. A movie world. Y/N and I's favorite movie. It's whereMack and I met" Brady explained.

"But, I don't want to live in a movie world" Lela said.

"That's why your life's always been so perfect, Lela. It's where you belong" Mack said.

"How do we make them understand" Brady asked.

"We could explain to them in a language they know" Brady suggested.

"You mean..." Mack asked. "Here we go"

"No, you guys, honestly, life is better in a movie" I said.

Mack, Y/N, Brady:
You gotta play the scene
Life on the silver screen
You gotta live your dream
The lights camera action thing

Brady:
The water's technicolour blue
And the waves don't miss a cue

Mack:
Not a hair is out of place
Every line's a perfect take

Mack, Y/N, Brady:
You gotta play the scene
Life on the silver screen
Whoa

Y/N:
It's better in a story
I was clever never wordy
You got the part
Whoa

Mack, Y/N, and Brady:
It's better when you wake up
Minty breath and perfect make-up
Your a work of art
And no one ever breakes your heart
You gotta play the scene
Life on the silver screen
No matter where you've been
Good times are zooming in

Mack:
Like a dream where no one sleeps
Say a bad word and it bleeps (Bleep)

Brady:
You can have and eat your cake
Don't need a bathroom break

Mack, Y/N, Brady:
You gotta play the scene
Life on the silver screen
Whoa

Y/N:
It's better on location
Cause it feels like a vacation
Super fun
Whoa

Mack, Y/N, Brady:
And when it features to the people
If it's good they'll make a sequel
When we're done
The surf is up under the sun
Hey!
The good guy saves the day
The bad guys run away
Everybody dances when the music starts to play

Mack:
Cats are always cool

Brady:
Never have to go to school

Y/N:
Get ready for your close up
It's the happy ending rule

Mack:
You got to play the scene

Brady:
You gotta play the scene

Y/N:
Life on the silver screen

Mack, Y/N, Brady:
You gotta live your dream
The lights camera action thing

Brady:
Cause it's better than a movie
When you met her it was groovy

Mack:
If the love is always true
When you met him then you knew

Y/N:
You gotta play the scene
Life on the silver screen