1. Lela Wants to go Back

(here's the first chapter hope you enjoy)

"So, Tanner, is you's and me's ready to disarm the diabolical weather machine now?" Butchy asked Tanner.

"You bet, daddio. Ready is my middle name" Tanner answered confidently.

"Ready! It's his middle name" Rascal said backing him up

"I thought Lewis was your middle name" Seacat said.

"It is Lewis, but it's also ready" Tanner answered. "'Cause that's what I was born"

"From the moment he was born" Rascal said.

"Don't go, Tanner. It's so dangerous" Layla said. I sighed. Ever since I started living here nothing's changed. All the girls are still damsels in distress.

"Don't worry. Damger is also my middle name" Tanner replied. "I think. Along with ready and Lewis"

"That is a very long name" Butchy said.

"Okay, Tanner. I'll just wait right here for you, and..." Layla began to say and then got an idea. "well, actually, why don't I come, too?"

"Oh. Uh, what?" Tanner asked.

"Why don't I come with you?" She repeated. "I mean, all that happens when you guys go off is we stand here and do nothing. Maybe I can help" Layla said. I smiled. That's right girl.

"What?" Rascal said.

"Uh, just one... excuse us" Tanner said. He walked over to Layla and began to whisper to her. "Um, but girls aren't supposed to" He said.

"Oh, Right. I'm sorry" She apologized I sighed. There's nothing to apologise for. "I don't know where that came from. Forget about it" She said. "Go, Tanner. Be safe. Be brave. You're my hero" Layla said regaining character. Seacat walked up to me.

"Why can't I come?" I said with a pout.

"You know how the other guys feel" He said.

"Yeah, but I'm not from this time. I don't believe in waiting for a prince charming to save me. I mean I love you I do, but I can do anything you guys can do" I said. He sighed.

"I know Y/N and I love that about you but the other guys wouldn't be okay with that" Seacat said. I nodded and hugged him before he and the boys took off.

*Time skip*

We were all at the shin dig. We have been living the same thing everyday. It's so tedious and boring.

'Nice of you to drop in" Tanner said as Layla fell into his arms.

"I guess, I literally fell for you, huh? "I'm Lela. I'm sorry, I can't do this" She said. "Put me down" Tanner sat her down.

"Uh, Lela. What are you doing?" Tanner asked embarrassed.

"I don't know. This whole thing, I just...I can't do it anymore" Layla confessed. I smiled. "It's not you, Tanner. You're a great guy, but..." She trailed off.

"of course I am" Tanner replied.

'I have to go" She said as she ran out of the little hut.

"Where is she going?" Rascal asked. Tanner, Seacat and I ran after Layla.

"Lela! What's going on? What are we doing?" Tanner asked. "It's very windy and not good for my hair" Tanner whined as he messed with his hair

'Ever since Mack, Brady, and you Y/N came, I have felt different. Mack and Y/N weren't like any girls I ever knew. You and Mack inspired me" Lela said.
"I... I miss Mack"

"I miss her, too. And Brady" I said looking down sadly. Seacat put his arm around me in a hug.

"I miss them too. They were swell. But, uh, but they're not here anymore"

I want to be like her and Y/N, Tanner" Lela said.

"What?"

"Try new things. Experience new experiences" Lela said. She saw something glimmer in the water. "What is that? Tanner, look Do you know what this is?" Lela said. It was the necklace she gave Mack.

"Uh, a necklace" Tanner guessed.

"I gave it to Mack. And it came back to me here, now. Don't you see? It's a sign" Lela said.

"It really looks like a necklace" Tanner said getting confused.

"This means she's out there somewhere I need to be where she is" Lela said happily. "Goodbye, Tanner" She said then turned around to see everyone standing there.

"Goodbye, bikers. Goodbye, surfers. Goodbye, people always standing around in the background, who never speak, whose namesI don't know" Lela shouted waving to everyone. She turned towards the ocean and started walking in it. Tanner ran after her. I turned to Seacat and we both nodded not needing to say anything.

We ran into the water not feeling the water feeling since we don't get wet. We ran after Lela and Tanner. The water was up to our shoulders and we held hands then went underneath the water. I closed my eyes and felt the world spin. I held my head in pain before I blacked out.

(Okay hope you enjoyed this first chapter! And I hope you like the sequel!)