Migraine

"Sold?!" I gulped and held his arm tighter. He sighed sadly and nodded.
"Mhm. I was 18." He put his hand over mine and looked at the ground as we walked. "Apparently I'm worth $15,000." He sighed and looked up at the door to the rec-room. "But we aren't getting going to dwell on that right now. Please." He sighed and runs a hand through his hair. "It's not very...pleasant." I nodded and squeezed his arm.
"Then come on. Let's go" I smiled gently up at him. "I haven't been to the rec-room in ages." He laughed a bit and nodded.
"You and me both" he gave the guards our information and we were let into the rec-room.

Felix took a deep breath and let it all out with a sigh.
"So, how are you adjusting?" He smiled at me as we descended the stairs.
"I dunno. It kinda sucks. I mean mark is a creepy little bi-" Felix's eyes grew wide and he clapped his hand over my mouth.
"I-I wouldn't say that if I were you. Sponsors are uh....powerful to say the least." He looked around nervously and slowly moved his hand. I nodded and gulped, Mark was certainly not pleasant, and I didn't want to see him angry. I opened my mouth to say something but a splitting headache struck me. I gritted my teeth and gripped my head.
"Gah!!!" Felix looked at me worriedly.
"A-are you alright?" He lead me over to a table and sat me down. I nodded, which was a lie. This pain was borderline excruciating. Felix gulped and held my shoulders, his touch was surprisingly comforting. Concern was painted across his face, he looked around to see if someone, anyone would be willing to help. Then just as quickly as the migraine had started, it stopped. I rubbed my eyes and slowly looked up.
"Holy crap...that was weird" I rubbed my head and grimaced, although the migraine itself was gone, there was still a throbbing left behind. Felix breathed out a sigh of relief and hid grip loosened.
"Oh thank goodness, I thought we were going to have to visit Vlad," He ran a hand though his hair and sat next to me. "Do you need anything?" I shook my head and tried to steady my breaths.
"Yeah, a way out of this hell hole," I groaned. Felix looked around nervously as a frown grew on his face.
"I've tried...." he muttered.

I perked up a bit and gazed at him.
"You what?" There was no way this goody-two-shoes had tried to escape, and was alive to talk about it. I thought that trying to escape resulted in death. So how was he here. He looked around nervously again and gulped.
"I-I tried to escape once" he spoke quietly and let his eyes dart around.
"So why aren't you dead?" I felt hope spark inside me. He was still alive! So maybe Vlad was just trying to scare me into submission.
"My patron negotiated with her sponsor." He shuddered and looked me dead in the eyes. "It's not worth it." He sounded genuine, and his eyes darkened with remembrance.
"But how can you say that?! If you could have gotten out then you could have told authorities and ended this place!" I frowned and clenched my fist as Felix showed me his palms, they were covered in scars and burns. It served as a reminder to both of us. Although Vlad was at least bearable, he still kidnapped me to use for experiments. He ripped me away from my family, my life, and my future.
"Do you think anyone would have believed me?" He sounded solemn and sad.
"Yeah I do." I gently held his hand and looked up at him. "I do."

His cheeks turned pink and he pulled his hands away with a nervous laugh.
"T-that's good to hear!!" He looked flustered. "I-it's good to have some you c-can count on!" He smiled a bit and stood up, holding out his hands to help me. I took his hand and let him hoist me up.
"Thanks"
"Yeah! No problem!" He sighed and brushed some hair from his forehead. "And I promise it gets better." I didn't believe him, and by the sounds of it he didn't either.

A.N~~~
Thank you guys so much for 20k reads!!! It means so much to me and I'm so grateful for all of you.

I think I finally got a schedule in place, it may be a bit patchy for the first few weeks but that because of  personal stuff. But you are all promised one update a month at least. You you can expect updates 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞 𝗢𝗙 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛.

Thanks again!!
    ——buggy 💖