Chapter 17

A/N I'm gonna write this in third person again. I liked writing te last part that way. I will put the info I told you about in "Quick Note" at the end of the chapter. I know I haven't done the jobs/apartments thing but here it is. Warning: Not edited so expect spelling/grammar mistakes since I typed this on my phone.
<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tris didn't know know what to do until then but had a nagging feelin that she was forgetting that she had to do something. She was just about to sit down and read a book Tobias had lying around when a frantic soundin knock came at the door. Sighing, Tris stood up and answered the door. It was Christina and she looked our of breath as if she had ran there.
"Tris! You have to come...now. Jobs-apartments...," she wheezed out. That's what she had forgot.
"Oh my gosh. I completely forgot. Let's go," Tris said dragging a winded Christina after her.
<<>><<>><<>>
They arrived just as Eric began his fake-happy speech. Tris barely heard anything he said until he called we name to go first. She made her way up to the stage where a large touch screen was hanging with the possible jobs listed. Her palms got sweaty and she got really nervous and scared. What do I chose? Train with Tobias or change the faction by being a leader? Tris thought to herself. She raised her shaking hand and chose...
Faction Leader.
She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and walked off the stage where Max handed her a ring with two old keys and a tag attached labeled with a number. Her apartment keys. She went to the back of the room to stand with Christina as she could not find Tobias. Will had joined Christina at some point. They seemed to be doing well together. Tris zoned out for the rest of the 'ceremony' and aimlessly wandered out when it ended. She found herself standing at the doors to the training room. She pushed them opened and to her relief nobody was there. Tris crossed the room and grabbed a handful of practice knives and shoved a mother couple handfuls in her pockets. She lined herself up with the target, squared her shoulders, and took a deep breath. Bring her arm back she inhaled, focusing on the worn center of the target. She flung the knife as she exhaled and watched as the blade sunk into the target with a thud that echoed around the room. She repeated the process Tobias had taught her, to steady and focus her mind.
Inhale. Aim.
Exhale. Throw.
Inhale. Aim.
Exhale. Throw.
She repeated that process until she had thrown all her knives and collected them and started again. Tris hurled the knives at te target with more and more ferocity until her arm hurt so much she couldn't throw another knife. Utterly and completely bored, she decided to go look at her new apartment. Pulling the keys out of her pocket, she read the number on the tag. 176. That was on the opposite side of the apartment part of the compound from Tobias. She made her way there and opened the door. The space was scarcely furnished with all that she needed: a bed, couch, table and chairs, kitchen appliances, etc. She plopped down on the couch with a sigh. It was surprisingly comfortable. She was just about to fall until the clutches of sleep when a frantic knock came at the door. Grunting she hauled herself off the cloud-like couch and opened the door to see none other than Christina.
"Tris!!! It's 5:00!!!" she practically screamed.
Checking her watch she replied, "Yes, it is. And your point is...?"
"We have to get you ready for your date, duh."
Right. Tris didn't forget that but what she did forget was that her best friend would not just let her get ready 10 minutes before hand as she had planned. With a sigh, Tris let Christina drag her down a series of hallways to her apartment. She had already finished fully moving in. Christina sat her down in front of a mirror and began applying various types of makeup. When she was done, Tris was shocked. Christina had out done herself this time. She hadn't done much but it made a huge difference. Eyeliner makes my eyes stand out. Eyeliner. What he used the last time she 'dressed' Tris up. When she first came to dauntless. She smiled at the memory and said, "You know you can't make me look pretty."
She smiled back remembering the same thing and replies, "Who said I was going for pretty? I'm going or noticeable." At that we laugh. She leaves and a few minutes later returns with a high in the front, low in the back black dress. Tris got dressed and after Christina's endless fussing, she was finally ready at 6:25. The next five minutes were pure torture for the two girls. They had gone back to Tris' apartment and were sitting anxiously awaiting Tobias. Tris looked over at the click and watched as the 29 turned into 30. And just then, a knock came at the door. Tobias stood in the open doorway in a button down shirt and pants (all black of course). He held a single black rose and his jaw dropped when Tris came into view. She could feel a blush creep onto her cheeks.

"You look absolutley amazing," Tobias finally said.

"You don't look to bad yourself," Tris replied. He smiled a big genuine smile.

"Shall we?" he asked extending his arm for her.

"We shall," Tris replied with a small laugh. They began walking to their destination and den though he took an odd route, she knew they were going to the chasm. They sat down on the hidden ledge where Tobias had brought a dauntless cake and champagne (from where that came from she did not know). He was just about to pour them a glass of champagne when gunshots could be heard echoing all around. Not one. Not two. Not three or four. But dozens of shots coming from seemingly everywhere.
Soldiers clad in black with blue arm bands stormed the chasm towards them.
"Tris!" Tobias yelled out.
Then her world went black.

A/N I apologize in advance for that chapter ending. I will be announcing some important news on my new tumblr/twitter accounts now and on other chapters in the future.
So go and follow them pretty please? I'll follow back all my readers! Just let me know you're reading this so I know:) Much appreciated.
And one last thing...
HOLY SHUCK THAT TRAILER THOUGH.
Tumblr: losblancos7
Twitter: herondalelove2